Jan

Bow to Joba

You know you miss the fist pump.

Update: Here’s ESPN’s recap from the Joba game. The first sentence tells you exactly why he should be in the rotation.

Categories : Asides

1. I love how the NU fans were bowing to him. We should start doing that this season.

Thanks for posting this video. It just got me even more excited to see Joba.

2. Ron says:

Was there really a guy named Dorn on Nebraska?

3. Stu says:

Awesome. I cannot wait for the season to start!

4. Realist says:

I hope they don’t screw around with him by making him a set up man , as been rumored , in the beginning of the season. He has 4 MLB quality pitches and you don’t waste that in the pen.

I have been saying for quite sometime that a solid setup man that can relieve from time to time would hugely benefit The Yanks. It would keep Joba in the rotation and take some heat off an aging Mo.

5. Travis G. says:

his delivery was quite a bit different.

6. Steven says:

Zach Kroenke at 2:49?

7. Old Ranger says:

UN is my old school.
    Graduated in ’60, so it was very nice to see the tape. Luckily, I had a full ride and ROTC. From all the papers and e-mails I have gotten from the alum and old players, Joba is just what you have seen. Very much an everyday guy, except this guy is a very good pitcher, and enjoys every minute of it. Nice to see good people make it big, we all hope.

8. Bbig says:

fucking amen

9. dan says:

He doesn’t look heavy at all in the video, idk what all the talk was about his weight problems. At the time of this video he seemed to have it under control.

• steve (different one) says:

yup. that and some minor injury concerns was enough to drop Joba to the steal of the draft.

i can imagine Oppenheimer and Cashman sitting there on the conference call with the phone on mute, sweating and ticking off the picks while Joba was still on the board.

they were probably giggling like schoolgirls when it was their turn to pick.