Mar

A little anti-Yanks bias

As commenter barry notes, we seem to be getting some ads for Yankees and Mets ringtones. Now, I have no clue what these ringtones are — possibly “New York, New York” for the Yanks and “Meet the Mets” for our cross-town rivals, but beyond that, I’m not sure what else they could do. But that’s not what has me scratching my head. Check out the Mets ringtones ad:

They’re all gathered around the plate, apparently awaiting whoever hit a walk-off homer. Everyone looks excited, but more importantly, almost everyone is there. Reyes, Beltran, Wagner, Delgado, Wright…hell, I even see LoDuca off to the right.

Now let’s look at the Yanks ad:

So we get Johnny Damon slapping hands with…Nick Green. What the hell? And Melky’s in the middle of it, looking as awkward as we’ve ever seen him — well, without a bat in his hands, at least. And is that a camera dude in the background? He kinda reminds me of Bob Golic.

Seriously, who’s going to buy Yanks ringtones when Damon, Melky, and Nick friggin’ Green are advertising them?

Categories : Whimsy

1. Mark McCray says:

Lol. That picture for the Yankees is hilarious now that you point it out. It’s like they picked the first image that popped up after searching “Nick Green Yankees” on Google Image.

2. Will says:

I have two Yankee ringtones: John Sterling vibrating to the Yankees Win and Bill White’s call of the Bucky Dent HR. It gives me extra joy when the latter goes off in the company of a Red Sox fan.

3. barry says:

lol the guy in the back makes it tho i never even noticed him before.

4. mg says:

Damon looks very excited there too.

5. Jeff says:

I was more impressed by a GAY looking Melkman holding his invisible cell phone to call his mom.

6. blah says:

LMAO.

By the way, I hate Bob Golic.

7. [...] A little anti-Yanks bias – Joseph P. – River Ave. Blues [...]

8. Mike A. says:

It’s Melky’s fault.

9. Steve S says:

I have to say the blog has really taken on a woe is me attitude. I mean its getting a little ridiculous. I realize the whole post is half a joke. But its a little much

10. RobertGKramer says:

OK, I’ll venture a guess on which Met hit the walkoff. With so many leadfoots already gathered at the plate it’s either the ancient Alou or the crippled Floyd. If either is in the picture, my excuse is I don’t watch the Mets much.

11. bummy says:

Oh, c’mon Steve! That is a funny post man. It’s not a conspiracy, just really funny!

12. Mark says:

Yeah, come on Steve, it’s funny!! Dont be a douche

13. Stu H says:

Holy crap dude, Nick Green ring tones? I’m there.