This post is for a competitive fantasy league run by one of my buddies. He ran this last year on another blog, and they actually had too many guys sign up at the beginning. If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, email me and I’ll get right back to you. This friend will also help to host our eventual RAB Day at the Park — he’s there every Sunday on top of the parking garage, grilling and generally acting like a loon with the rest of us.
Hello RAB bloggers, I wanted to invite everyone to the RAB fantasy league for 2008 (yahoo). I ran the fantasy league on another Yankee blog last year and we had a lot of success. I wanted to bring the league over to the best Yankee blog this year (ed note: his words, not mine). Below is some specefic information regarding the league. It will be $35 a person and for the people that join, we can decide how much the splits should be for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. Please get back to me asap so we can move forward with the RAB league. There are already a few people that are part of RAB blogging that are going to be in the league.
What I need from everyone right now are their opinions and preferences.
- What time is good for doing the live online draft for everyone? I think March 23rd, Sunday, at 7pm EST would be good, 1 week before the season starts. We will also have a better idea of the rosters.
- Depending on how many people play, how would you prefer the prize money to be divided up?
- I will pay for the league initally, ($125), but for payment from everyone, I just wanted to know how many people have paypal? I have a paypal account so you can make your payment there. Paypal will is probably also safer for the person giving money since all transactions are documented there. If you don’t have paypal, a check would be fine.
- Since majority of the people have voted for the point system, here is an option so let me know what you think. There maybe some people that are doing this for the first time so this may seam basic to some people.
- The categories for points can be Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, Wins, Saves, K’s, ERA, and WHIP. At the end of the season, you are ranked in each of the categories. For example, if our league is 9 people, if you finished first in each category, a perfect score for 1st place would be 90(10 categories X 9 peole being ranked). Let me know if these are the categories you are okay for the league.
- most people prefer the option to make daily roster changes, please tell me your preference (daily, weekly, 2 times a week, etc).
- When would you like the trade dealine (7/31, 8/14?) give me a peference for a date, it doesn’t have to be the 2 I mentioned.
- for trades to get approved, its is recommended that the league in majority has to approve a trade. This can help someone giving up and trading all his good player to a friend. With league approveable of a trade, this usually cannot happen. Let me know.
- These are the roster positions that we can have, let me know if this format is okay. C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI (corner infielder), MI (middle infielder), OF, OF, OF, OF, Utility, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN (bench), BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL. Before the draft, check player position eligibility on yahoo fantasy baseball.
Look forward to hearing from everyone,