Mar

You think you play whiffle ball?

It’s getting to the time of year when my roommates and I start our annual whiffle ball league. It’s nothing big, just the three of us and whoever else wants to play. The rules are kind of strange, which is fitting, since there are obstacles galore between us and the home run fence. As much fun as I have, I’m totally envious of these guys:

Is that not the perfect whiffle ball set up? Fence along the edge of the lawn, faux catcher (we use one of those pitching nets), scoreboard, lights…and even a freakin’ practice pitching mound.

I’ll still have to make due with the makeshift field we use, trees and all (we’ve named them Grady and Hanley). But man, what I wouldn’t give for a setup like that.

Categories : Whimsy

1. Jamal G. says:

You in college or you just live with people?

2. Count Zero says:

DUDE! That totally rules!

I would’ve killed for that at our house in college…we played like every day when it was warm enough.

3. Joey says:

Has to be one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a long while… hate to admit it but those Boston Massholes have a damn nice field, professional looking. Okay, changing my dream to: whiffle ball field modeled after Yankee stadium with some of the stadium seats and everything

4. It'sMeSNITCHES!!! says:

Ahh, the picture isn’t showing up.

5. ejeezy says:

I can’t see the pic. but none of you punks can see my knuckle curve

6. J.R. says:

Use Firefox and it works fine. But if not here is the Youtube link http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1WXtbUEWcA

7. daneptizl says:

I got a righty Randy Johnson slider. It sweeps to the right.

8. man and I thought I was serious because we played under the lights and with real bases for our kickball game.

9. Adam says:

all right, that is cool and all, but they built that whole field and still don’t use regulation whiffle balls or bats? and they wear gloves? gloves?!?!?

10. iYankees says:

me and my boys used to get drunk and play wiffle ball in the quad outside of our dorm. those late nights were some of the best of my life. i’d be the dude who was whiping the ball and getting into with my best friends. you got to love college.