Joba dominates, but so does HalladayBy
Let’s wrap this one up, bullet-point style:
- The Yankees hit .071 with a .161 OBP and a .107 slugging percentage tonight. That won’t win ballgames. Or lead to runs.
- Roy Halladay is a very good pitcher.
- Joba Chamberlain is also a very good pitcher.
- Wilson Betemit is not particularly good at fielding. Or hitting right now. But then again, no one on the Yankees is.
- Billy Traber is not a very good pitcher by any stretch of the imagination.
- When Roy Halladay and Joba Chamberlain combine for 15.2 innings and 17 strike outs, baseball games will not last very long.
- The Yankees should really win on nights when the Rays and Red Sox lose. That’s two in a row now that the Rays have lost, and two in a row that the Yanks have lost. That 6.5-game deficit won’t lower itself.
The Yankees should really score some runs. Runs would be good. How about some runs?