Sorry folks, just don’t have it in me to do the whole shebang tonight. Some quick notes:
- Enter: The Venditte Guidelines. Dumb name, but necessary rules.
- CF Austin Jackson, RHP Jason Jones, 3B Chris Malec & C PJ Pilittere were named to the Double-A Eastern League All-Star team. Jose Tabata has a bum hammy.
- OF Justin Christian was named to the Triple-A International League All-Star Team. Brett Gardner would have made the team if he wasn’t busy taking Melky’s job.
- Jeff Karstens made a push to replace Sidney Ponson in the rotation, giving up only 5 hits and 2 runs in 7 clean innings, outpitching the recently demoted Brett Myers.
- The aforemented Chris Malec doubled twice while Ajax tripled. Chase Wright sucked.
- Jesus Montero had 2 hits, but the rest of Charleston’s disappeared. Carmen Angelini made another error, and Wilkins DeLaRosa continued the conversion to start with 5+ innings of 2 hit ball.
- Mike Lyon walked off with a solo shot.