Mar

Report: Trouble brewing for Bernie

As swan songs go, Bernie Williams‘ efforts in the WBC haven’t been what he wanted. While he was internationally walked a few days ago, his play in the field and on the base paths nearly cost Puerto Rico a key game against the upstart Netherlands team. Now, a woman in Puerto Rico has filed a complaint against Williams, alleging that the former Yankee hit her and took her camera while at a nightclub early Thursday morning. Police are investigating, and I hope they find evidence to clear Bernie. He was always one of my favorites, and I’d hate to see him go out like this.

Categories : Asides

1. That’s not going to help his album sales.

2. A.D. says:

Weird thing for Bernie to do, unless that picture was particularly damning.

3. Will says:

From the sound of things, it appears as if Bernie may have pushed an invasive camera aside and made contact with the woman. If so, it really doesn’t strike me as a big deal, nor do I think it will impact Bernie’s legacy in any way.

4. Jeremy says:

There goes Bernie, drawing attention to himself again. The Yankees will be better off without him this April.

5. dane bramage says:

I don’t believe it.

6. Bo says:

Go out like this? He retired years ago

7. steve (different one) says:

TRUE YANKEE!!1!!

• Mike Pop says:

I agree, Steve. This is news? All Yankees beat up women.

• steve (different one) says:

except for Sabathia. he is too exhausted from his previous workload to raise his arm. it was proven by his poor spring training outing.

• Joseph P. says:

John Harper isn’t getting nearly enough shit for that column.

• Ryan S. says:

The more that traditional sports reporters try to make up sensationalist BS to sell more papers, the more they lose their credibility. Its a vicious cycle and as more and more of the younger generations find alternative news sources that bring up a much more fair and balanced view point, the more no one will give a rat’s ass about what guys like John Harper have to say.

• Matt says:

The second line of that article:

As soon as I read that I thought: “Yep. So why are you writing this, Harper?” and stopped reading.

• “Getting smacked around in early March is practically a rite of spring for veteran pitchers, and hardly cause for concern. But, I’ve got an 800 word count quota to fill and I’m too thickheaded and unimaginative to think of a real baseball story to talk about and too clueless to actually analyze anything intelligently, so buckle yourself in while I waste the next 7 to 14 minutes of your life, depending on your reading speed.”

• That is a shot at Derek Jeter.

8. jsbrendog says:

well at least bernie is still winning hitting titles.

9. pat says:

DOES BERNIE WILLIAMS HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH?!?!?!

10. Jeremy says:

Bernie goes boom?

11. [...] up on our morning report concerning potential legal trouble for Bernie Williams, we have a statement from the high-powered [...]