Mar

Sabathia’s simulated game postponed; Jorge feels better

Mother Nature got in the way of CC Sabathia‘s simulated game which was scheduled for this morning, so instead he’ll go tomorrow according to Pete Caldera. His first start of the spring is scheduled for March 6th, and this isn’t going to threaten that date at all. Caldera also notes that Jorge Posada‘s shoulder feels better and he could DH tomorrow if the team lets him, which they won’t. Aaaaaaand exhale.

Categories : Asides, Spring Training

1. FL Yank says:

One of the reasons I love working at a sports bar is being able to watch baseball and work at the same time. Working for weeks straight without a day off will be so much more bearable when I get to see Sabathia, Wang, Burnett, Pettitte, and Chamberlain back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back. It’s gonna be a great year.

2. Mike Pop says:

At least it was nature and not elbow troubles. As much as I dislike the Mets, I hope his injury isn’t serious.

• Tom Zig says:

Yeah if Santana goes down, then we can’t have the CC/Johan battles, where CC goes 9 innings and hits the game winning HR off of K-rod.

3. Manimal says:

hahahah Gardner hits another hr. Melky might as well start looking for another job. Aceves got roughed up a bit

4. Rich says:

I’ll start feeling better about Posada if by July he can still catch four times a week while continuing to make decent throws, and he shows that he can hit with power.

• Mattingly's Love Child says:

I think I’m with you. Step 1 for me is if he can catch opening day. Until that point, I’m probably going to be nervous. And probably until Jorge is out there for a couple of months proving he’s ok, I’ll still be uncomfortable (constantly waiting for him to grab that shoulder after trying to gun down a guy stealing).

But not to be a complete Debbie Downer, I’m glad to hear some good news!

• Bruno says:

Yup, same here.

5. 50 says:

das was up

6. 27 this year says:

According to peteabe, Albaladejo left the game after being struck on the foot on a hotshot back up the middle or something.

7. [...] time to get healthy before the season starts. The more important injury news, that you might have missed earlier, is that Jorge Posada’s shoulder is okay, and he could DH as soon as tomorrow. My educated [...]

8. [...] Mike mentioned yesterday, CC Sabathia’s scheduled simulated game was postponed until today. That happened a bit [...]