Mar

The RAB Radio Show – March 19, 2009 – Episode 19

You know what’s a great complement to the NCAA Tournament? Yep, the RAB Radio Show. Watch your favorite teams on TV while listening to your favorite radio hosts on your computer. Ok, done with the cheezy intro.

As we get closer to the season, there will be a lot more to talk about. The show goes a bit long today, with Mike and I just talking some baseball for a bit. We do discuss the Yanks, particularly the pitching staff. We’re pleased with what we’ve seen.

One question we kick around: With Angel Berroa likely to make the roster as a utility infielder and with Brett Tomko looking like the best long man candidate at this point, who do the Yanks remove from the 40-man to clear the space? Our difficulty in answering this question, I think, signals that the Yanks will add only one to the 40-man this spring. Giese is the likely casualty.

Also, I’m going to take this opportunity to pimp our feeds. You can follow us on Twitter, which is always fun. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed, which brings delivers posts instantly to any RSS reader. If you have any questions about RSS, email me. I’m putting together a comprehensive resource for those interested. Finally, you can friend us on Facebook. We promise, we’ll be more active there this season.

Onto the podcast. It is available in a number of formats. You can download it here by right clicking on that link and selecting Save As. If you want to play it in your browser, just left click the link. You can also subscribe to the podcast feed, which will send it to you every Thursday. You can also subscribe in iTunes. Finally, we have the embedded audio player below.

Categories : Podcast

1. You should add Gus Johnson and Ian Eagle to the RAB podcasts. Bring some energy.

2. jb says:

Why does it always sound like mike is broadcasting from his bathroom with all the echo. the sound is def in need of a mixer or something. still enjoy it though. keep up the good work.

3. Mike Pop says:

Heh. A.J. Burnett will win the Cy Young.

4. Rob says:

Any one have luck today with the pre-sale? I’m trying tomorrow but just wondering what type of inventory they have.

• jsbrendog says:

you mean for partial season ticket holderS? cause thew lottery didnt happen yet.

winers get notified March 20th:

Registrants selected during the Random Drawing will receive an E-mail Notification containing the Registrant’s Single-Use, Unique Password and Other Details concerning the Opportunity to Purchase, subject to availability, Tickets.

then the sale starts 10 am the 23rd and ends at 10 pm

5. ClayBuchholzLovesLaptops says:

Hey guys,

thanks for answering my questions. I guess I’m responsible for the first Melvin Croussett on the podcast. In hindsight I should have added Yu Darvish to my list. BaseballAmerica answered a similar question:

6. Tripp says:

Anyone think it would be a good idea to start the season with Joba still in Tampa working on mechanics? He isn’t going to pitch for two weeks, and it would allow for another bullpen guy like Robertson or Alby more time to battle for the final bullpen spot.

I think the Yanks did something similar with Pettitte last year.

Just a thought.

7. Simon B. says:

I’ve brought this up twice before, but I have to ask again, Mike.

Why are you getting on Garcia for being injured, but not Brackman? You gawk at Garcia only having 250 IP, but Brackman only had 140 IP! He’s only 3 months older!

8. Simon B. says:

Also, Sabean only declined the Lincecum/Rios swap when he signed Rowand. He had been waiting on that deal for a while, so the implication is, if he had not followed through in signing Rowand, he would have made that trade.

That’s why I still wonder if there was any chance the Yankees could’ve landed Lincecum. Sabean wanted Matsui, who was just as good offensively as Rios in the previous year. Yeah, he hadn’t have the “rising star” angle to him, but you add in Tabata and Kennedy (who were both top 30 prospects at the time) and maybe something else, and I don’t think it’s that crazy of a thought at the time.

9. [...] It’s still a fool’s game, so I’m going to refrain — though I will make a bold prediction, because no one expect that to [...]