We knew the winning streak wouldn’t last forever, but that doesn’t mean we still can’t be disappointed by tonight’s loss. Let’s recap this one bullet point style:
- CC Sabathia was not sharp at all. He had plenty of hair on his fastball to quote Michael Kay, but he couldn’t locate it nor could he get any consistency out of his secondary pitchers. After a ten start run of complete dominance, Sabathia was due for an outing like this. It sucks, but it is what it is.
- The 1-2-3-4 hitters combined to go 1 for 15 with a walk. That won’t get it done.
- Robbie Cano (3 for 3 with a walk) and Hideki Matsui (2 for 3 with a homer) came to play. Good for them.
- Al Aceves was fantastic out of the pen, but was sending him out for a third inning really necessary? He was getting outs and had a very low pitch count, but can you trust him to go through the order twice? It’s a tough call, I can see the argument for either side.
- Jorge Posada’s thumb is bothering him, and he might not be able to go tomorrow. Jose Molina is due back next week, so reinforcements are on the way if needed.
Thankfully we have a quick turn around and the team will be back at it tomorrow at 1pm. AJ Burnett vs Brian Tallet in the boogie down. See you then.