Oct

ALDS and ALCS tickets go on sale Monday

While the Yankees could be waiting until Tuesday to find out their ALDS opponent, tickets for the series will go on sale Monday. Unlike in the old days, when you’d have to get there the night before and camp out in order to have a shot, this year it will be an online-only affair. Those interested can go to yankees.com starting at 10 a.m. EDT. From then until 9 a.m. “on the date of the Yankees’ first scheduled ALDS home game” — so Wednesday — it will be an online exclusive. After that tickets will be available at the Yankee Stadium Advance Ticket Windows.

Ross at New Stadium Insider has the pricing breakdown. The limit will be two tickets to one game per customer. So choose wisely. The press release, via LoHud, also notes some additional seating options:

There will be 60 café seats on the Field Level concourse available for $81 per ticket for the Division Series and $131 per ticket for the League Championship Series. Additionally, approximately 200 standing room tickets for dedicated standing locations on the Field and Main Levels will cost $33 and $25, respectively, for the ALDS and $64 and $48, respectively, for the ALCS.

If you’re planning to purchase tickets during the public sale, try not to get your hopes up. As Ross further notes, there are a limited number of tickets available: about 4,735 for the ALDS and 3,235 for the ALCS. So the bad news is that your chances are small of scoring even two tickets. The good news is that you don’t have to wait outside forever just to find out you won’t get them.

Again, the public on-sale date is Monday, October 5 at 10:00 a.m. EDT, exclusively on Yankees.com. Good luck to anyone who tries to snag a couple. Just keep your favorite hosts in mind when you’re deciding how to use your extra one, OK?

Categories : Playoffs

1. Bob Stone says:

Are there any good tricks for standing at the head of the queu on-line?

2. JMK aka The Overshare says:

I’m taking Monday off work to try and grab 4 tickets. T-3, coffee, day off work, my credit card and mother’s credit card, I should be able to score 4, right? Right?

• jsbrendog says:

make sure you each have separate ticketmaster accounts the way they made it seem is 2 per person. so even with diff credit cards if you try t use the same account or address they might eff with you

• JMK aka The Overshare says:

Already done it! We only need two tickets, so if I get the extra two, who knows, maybe some lucky folk at RAB may be able to score something…

3. Not selling tix to Games 1 and 2 of the World Series? That’s weak, Yankees.

4. LosingOurHeads says:

I have my tickets already but when I was doing the electronic thing I learned a couple of things:

1. test your ticketmaster password before the sale
    2. it’s best to have two ticketmaster accounts
    3. make sure you’re not asking for seating with the little disability sign checked (one year I couldn’t understand why it couldn’t find any tickets and it had defaulted to disabled seating for some reason.) You’re in a bit of a frenzy trying to get tix so these things go unnoticed.

5. Greg F. says:

This is great news, but I’m surprised the Yankees didn’t test this out during the regular season. I would think they wouldn’t want to introduce standing room only during the playoffs when the stadium will be packed as is.

Anyway, I hope I can pick up some tickets, because as of now, I’ll only be attending one postseason game.

6. yankeegirl49 says:

I already have tix for game one of the ALDS and game one of the ALCS. A friend and myself will be trying for games 6&7 of the ALCS, bucause I truly believe the DS will be over in 3.

7. ted says:

ALCS game 6
    Does anyone know where Section 226″S” row 21 would be.
    I realize its standing room only, but can anyone give me details?