Nov

RAB’s parade meet-up details

RAB parade meetup location

You see that little star? That’s where we’re going to meet-up for the parade tomorrow. Specifically, it’s the northwest corner of the Beekman and Nassau Street intersection. Here’s the map so you can zoom in and stuff. Joe and I are shooting to get there around 8:30-9 a.m., but you’re welcome to come whenever.

The parade comes right up Broadway, so we’ll have to finagle our way over to get a good luck. I’m not 100% certain, but I believe they’ll set up a big screen in City Hall Park to show all the speeches and stuff. After the parade and stuff, we’re probably going to go grab a bite to eat somewhere, and everyone’s more than welcome to come. Leave any suggestions or anything in the comments.

If you want to come and hang out and watch the parade, email Joe or me, and we’ll exchange cell numbers to coordinate. If you do that tomorrow, e-mail Joe because he has the BlackBerry.

Also, if anyone has a better spot, let us know via e-mail and we’ll update plans.

1. The Artist says:

Get there earlier guys, and get a spot on the street at least 2 hours in advance. If not, you’ll be so far back you won’t see shit.

But if that’s the case, walk over to City Hall for the key to the city ceremony. They’ll have a big screen so you can see everything no matter where you are.

2. donttradecano says:

im taking a 5:44 from deer park, probably gonna get in their around 7:30.

3. Johnnyboy says:

I’ll be cutting school for this!!!

Also, Mike. May I ask a favor? Can you make a thread sometime listing every person that was on the Yankees 25 man roster at some point this season? I would like to see who gets a ring for the 09′ season.

4. Rose says:

Is everybody looking forward to meeting the man they call “Rose”??

5. VO says:

Where is a good spot to watch the parade from? I have very little knowledge about this stuff as it will be my first parade and tips?

6. Turns out I can’t make it, guys. :(

7. Count Zero says:

I should be into Grand Central 6:47 — downtown before 7:30.

Gonna start by trying to get a spot closer to the park, but if the crowd is already heavy we’ll work our way closer to start of the route.

Would be cool to get a bite and a couple of beers after.

8. Greg G. says:

Man, I wish I could be there.

To all who are going: take pictures, and post ‘em. I want to live vicariously.

9. Jake H says:

I wish I could be there but the plane from KC to NY would cost me way too much. Please guys, post tons of pictures.

10. Peedlum says:

Is it going to be televised? Anyone know where I can get an internet feed?

11. Greg F. says:

I’ll be getting there around 8:00. Going to take the 4 to Wall street and look for a spot there. If I don’t see anything good I’ll be sure to shoot Joe an email and try to coordinate.

12. adeel says:

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. This site has been such a great source of knowledge and its going to be great to finally see all of you!!

13. Derby says:

Dammit! I wish I wasn’t in Tampa going to school!

14. larryf says:

I live in Virginia so I will pass on this but go to the White House celebration. Obama is working on his cutter with Andy. That’s one lefty we won’t be signing :-)

15. Anthony says:

I was there, but couldn’t find u guys