Mar

A tier-y goodbye

I couldn’t even tell you how many times I sat in that section. More than I care to count.

Categories : Yankee Stadium

1. Drew says:

A tier-y goodbye

Channeling your inner Kay, Mike?

It’s going to be weird looking at the aerial shots of YSIII and the surrounding areas this season.

2. pat says:

That’s a freaking awesome video.

3. MikeD says:

That’s the first video I’ve seen where a part of the Stadium was removed. All the other photos I’ve seen have been after the fact.

Oddly, “the long goodbye” I think has been more of a benefit. It would have been more difficult if they had ripped the the original Stadium down prior to the opening of 2009. This way most of us have already been to the new Stadium and we already have a World Championship to celebrate.

4. Wow. That was…painful.

This is dragging out like a combination of Chinese water torture combined with bamboo-shoots-under-the-fingernails.

5. Ben Heyman says:

That was even worse than I imagined it would be. I agree with Andy’s comment: Just get it over with already.

6. thurdonpaul says:

I sat in that section many times also. The last time I sat in it was the 3rd to the last game ever at that stadium. The new stadium is pretty cool, but I do still miss the old one. :(

7. beantownbomber says:

My dad and I sat in that section at my first Yankee game in the early 90s when I was about 9 years old. It’s was a miserably cold and wet game and I was as sick as a dog. I’ll never forget being amazing at how high up we were, how steep the tier was, and how I felt that the slightest misstep would send me careening down and over the edge onto the field. Fitting that it was the last section of the old park to come down. Thanks for the memories old friend.

8. Petrer says:

Sat in that section for GM 5 of 2001 World Series. One of my favorite Yankees memories, sad day… Although I agree that its less painful now that we’ve “created new memories” at the new Stadium