Jul

Yanks might not be out on Dunn after all

We heard yesterday that the Yanks ceased their pursuit of Adam Dunn. That, however, might have been something of negotiation ploy. According to some of Ken Rosenthal’s sources, the Yanks are still in. According to others, they’re actually over Dunn. The Rays are reportedly still in the Dunn hunt as well. I’ll have a bit more on the pursuit of Dunn shortly.

Categories : Asides

1. Ross in Jersey says:

Steve Phillips actually made a lot of sense this morning (shocking, I know) when he said that the Yankees are likely only in on Dunn to drive the price up on the Rays. Cashman always used to do this with the Red Sox, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s using the same strategy on the Rays. If the Yankees are back in on Dunn, I am willing to bet it’s because they heard the Rays are too. I doubt there is any serious interest, considering the cost.

2. A.D. says:

I question if this deal can really get done given what the Nats just got for Capps.

3. Jose the Satirist says:

Rosenthal has it both ways right now.

4. Craig says:

Then 2 mins later he tweets ” other scources however believe yankees are out on dunn” so why in the hell tweet anything at all about the yankees and dunn sigh

5. Jose the Satirist says:

If Dunn gets traded, I have horrible visions of headlines like “Who Dunn-it” or “Dunn deal”.

6. John says:

Heyman was just on the Fan and said they are not in on Dunn

7. Anthony Murillo says:

Olney said on the Mike and Mike show that the Yankees and Rays were in a war over Dunn with the Rays coming out on top.

8. Kiersten says:

So they are either in on Dunn or they’re not. So glad we have sportswriters to give us this valuable information!

9. T-Dubs says:

If only Dunn played on the DBacks or the Astros, we could’ve had him for Moeller and Sergio Mitre.

10. Did anyone else hear Olney report the Yankees are still in on Dunn last night? Because I did, and I had a post about it this morning.

11. phughesisgod says:

In all honesty, before you even make a deal, you need to talk to Dunn first. Make sure hes ok with playing DH and playing 1B or LF when Gardy, Grandy or Tex need a rest. If he is ok with it and playing on a championship contender, by all means, bring him in and let him let loose at Yankee Stadium.

12. Marc says:

You put your right foot in… You put your right foot out… You put your right foot in, and you Dunn it all about