Sep

Yankees recall Romulo Sanchez

Via Marc Carig, the Yankees have recalled Romulo Sanchez from Triple-A Scranton. As you probably remember, Romulo hit the disabled list in late-August with an apparent elbow injury, and we perhaps foolishly assumed he was done for the season. Anyway, I guess the elbow’s fine and Joe Girardi will have another option for low-leverage relief work. Sanchez made one appearance with the Yanks earlier in the year, throwing 3.2 scoreless innings at Fenway Park.

Categories : Asides

1. A.D. says:

Good for Ramulo, nice to get some more depth.

2. Steve H says:

I know it’s not likely to happen……but if this dude could ever harness his stuff he’d be lights out in the pen.

3. Mickey Schesiter says:

I just love the names of the minor league studs on the come up, from Stoneburner to Jesus to Ivan Nova and Romulo Sanchez. Just some great baseball names. I hope the elbow was just minor like DRobs last year that turned out to be nothing. I’m excited to see if Ring, Nova or Sanchez can impress enough to take a spot in Oct.

4. dutchsailor says:

By the way, with all these call ups, how many players are in the Yankee clubhouse now?

5. Fair Weather Freddy says:

Kearns is in the lineup again. Can’t beleive it. WHy not put Thames in there? Camden Yards is a small outfield, not much ground to cover. Thames should be able to handle it.

6. bob says:

i hope yankees win tonite and sox lose im getting grey hair fast

7. Cy Pettitte says:

wasn’t expecting this, I’ll be interested to see what he does in mop up duty though

8. M-Three says:

Well I guess this is now another guy that Javy Vasquez will fall behind on the depth chart. Every pitcher on the staff starter or reliever is better than Vasquez.

I hope we get to see Romulo pitch a couple of time. He has nasty stuff and could be a nice weapon in the pen. I think Romulo could be another Joba if he could ever show control. A young righty with a 96-99 mph fastball with a nasty change, I’ll take that everytime. Maybe this guy could compete to make the pen next year.