Nov

Thanksgiving Open Thread

Charlie Brown had a 13.7 WARC in 2010 (wins above replacement cartoon).

Bumped back up top (7:00pm ET): Happy Thanksgiving to all of our readers out there. If you’re not from the United States, then I suggest eating a huge turkey dinner anyway. I have a lot to be thankful for, but I’m not going to bore you with the details. More than anything, I’m thankful for all of you wonderful people that make RAB so great and for being a Yankee fan. When the biggest problem your team has is that they only want to pay their franchise player $15M a year rather than $20M, you have it pretty good.

Ben, Joe, and I will be doing the family and dinner thing today, so I leave you with this open thread. There’s a boatload of football games on, starting with Patriots-Lions (12:30pm CBS), then continuing with Saints-Cowboys (4:15pm, FOX), and wrapping up with the Bengals at the Jets (8:20, NFL Network). If you’re in the Tri-State Area, don’t worry if you don’t have the NFL Network, WPIX (channel 11, for me anyway) will also be carrying the game. Happy Turkey Day everyone.

Categories : Open Thread

1. bexarama says:

Before I head out to devour some birds, I just wanted to say I am very, very thankful for the community here at RAB and the people I’ve “met” here, and all that Mike, Ben, and Joe do. Cheesy, but meh, I’m pretty cheesy, deal with it. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving all!

2. Section 203 says:

Completely random, and since it’s an open thread, anyone think there’s a chance of trading for Rasmus? Saw it a rumor on ESPN, but haven’t heard much about it. I’m sure they’d be asking for Montero, but Rasmus is pretty darn good. Any thoughts?

3. Carlosologist says:

I’m thankful for the health of me and my family, especially my dad (he’s been dealing with Type 2 diabetes for the past four years). I’m also thankful for my new 46″ TV in the basement. :D

4. I am thankful that I actually have gainful employment.

That my parents have been married 26 years today.

That Niece/Nephew #2 is due in May.

That my new apartment will have a dishwasher.

I’m sure baseball makes the list, somewhere.

5. seimiya says:

I’m thankful for David Robertson’s high socks. Mmm.

#girlypost

6. joe(sit)ragman says:

This “ole” Michigan Yankee fan, since the days i put a Mantle rookie card in the spokes of my bike. greatful for all the hi-lites of those great and not so great yankee teams, and yes this site, and a few others i read several times on a daily basis. Thanks to all bloggers and posters.

7. Jerome S says:

I agree with being thankful for being a Yankees fan. I shudder when I think of what Padres fans have to go through with their five-cent budget.

8. hlrjr says:

happy thanksgiving everybody!

this site and you posters make the work days go by so much more easier!

9. CBean says:

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Thanks for all the time and work you put into this site to make it such a great resource!

10. YankeesJunkie says:

Happy Thanksgiving and Yankees Junkie is thankful for all the great posters and writers of this site that make the day that much better.

11. Dela G says:

tune your tvs to abc at 8pm eastern

watch my texas a&m aggies pummel the texas longhorns

12. Carcillo says:

Fuck you, Dallas.

13. Joe P says:

I’m thankful for Mo, Jeter, Posada, Andy, Robinson Cano and Phil Hughes for making it possible to argue against the “Yankees Buy All Talent” mantra of New Englanders.

14. Ori says:

Who’s in who’s out?

15. Big Stein says:

Charlie Brown was over rated.

He couldn’t win the big ones.

I mean he choked in the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....re=related (fast forward to the 5:00 mark).

16. Teh Comp Pick says:

I love Thanksgiving, but with it almost out of the way, Cashman can get down to business on the newest Yankee Ace.

17. Kiersten says:

So considering I had to work, not such a bad day. Went to my friend’s around 11, ate about 12:30, drank, and played Apples to Apples (best game ever). Then went to work kinda drunk and now getting ready to drive and hour to go outlet shopping at midnight! Yay America!

18. Big Stein says:

Joe Theismann is just a gawd awful football announcer.

19. mbonzo says:

So at Thanksgiving dinner we discussed what the value of the gold glove truly is. Although I argued against many Yankees haters, they all said that the gold glove is based on fielding percentage rather than zone ratio. I said it was based on a mix of who the media has a crush on based on how well they hit. Just looked it up and Jeter did have the highest fielding % of a SS in the AL. I honestly have no idea what voters were thinking for the gold glove.

20. bexarama says:

Rollie Fingers has an 80 mustache tool

21. Not Tank the Frank says:

Today I had to argue with a friend who’s a Red Sox fan about Ellsbury and Justin Upton. He said Ellsbury + Bard was way too much for Upton, who’s only had one good season. I asked if he realized that Ellsbury isn’t even in the same stratosphere a player as Juston Upton and he just gave me a long look. Much hilarity ensued.