We’re trying out a new feature around these parts today. Every day — or every few days — I’m going to bullet point a few stories related to baseball and the Yankees that are floating around the Internet. These are stories we either didn’t have time to write up for a full post or thought were worth a mention but not the full treatment. We’re happy to take submissions via the box at right, e-mail or through our Twitter account, and props to anyone who comes up with a catchier title than “Pinstriped Links.” On with the stories:
- MLB sources said they were investigating after Yuri Sucart, A-Rod’s infamous cousin, was spotted hanging around the Yankees… [Daily News]
- …but the Commissioner’s Office absolved the Yanks’ third baseman of any wrong-doing. [ESPN NY]
- If Curtis Granderson is voted onto the 2011 All Star team, his 2013 option will increase from $13 million to $14 million. [Cot’s via @ClintHolzner]
- Nearly 23 months since last throwing a pitch in the Major Leagues, Chien Ming Wang is almost ready for a rehab assignment. [Nats Insider]
- Ralph Gardner Jr. offers up some high praise for John Sterling and Suzy Waldman. [Wall Street Journal]
- Joba, meanwhile, has confided in his stuffed animals that he wants to be a starting pitcher.