Jul

Injury Updates: Feliciano, Soriano, Marte

Got some injury updates, courtesy of Chad Jennings. Pedro Feliciano has been shut down for a week with soreness in his throwing shoulder. He had been making light tosses off a mound as he rehabs from a torn shoulder capsule. Rafael Soriano is on his way back, throwing a bullpen yesterday and reporting no problems. He’ll throw another one tomorrow. Damaso Marte (remember him?) threw a bullpen today, though it’s unclear how long and with how much effort. Either way, good news for him and Soriano.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. JonS says:

Could we see Marte back in early August?

2. CMP says:

Feliciano is toast. He should have had the surgery 3 months ago to try and come back next year. Nothing was accomplished other than wasting time.

• Stratman9652 says:

Beat me to it. I don’t think he is toast totally but he should have used this time to get it fixed instead of postponing the inevitable.

But hey, I’m no doctor, I’m sure that was the argument presented to him and clearly somebody with more insight than us though it was rehab-able.

3. Stratman9652 says:

Raise your hand if you thought you would see Marte in the Bronx before you saw Feliciano.

If I were Feliciano, I probably would have just gone for the surgery. It would suck if he tries to rehab all year just to find out he’s gonna need it anyway and could have used all season to recover.

4. Xstar7 says:

Damaso Marte? What’s that?

5. Dave M says:

Money for nuthin

6. EndlessMikeJr says:

I guess this will be the excuse Cashman and Giradi will use why Boone Logan is still here.

7. Thomas Cassidy says:

Am I the only person who doesn’t care at all if they ever throw a pitch again?

8. Jon G says:

I don’t know if I’m more excited for them to come back to see them pitch or so the Yanks can DFA Mitre again. WHY did they re-sign mitre?! Ugh. His 2 runs ended up making the difference tonight… And he sucked last time out too

9. Nuke LaDoosh says:

All the focus on the negatives…how about Soriano, huh? His return makes a big difference…and no, I don’t think Feliciano or Marte ever pitches in a game for the Yanks again.

10. ND Mike says:

The big question about Soriano is how aloof was he? Was he just kinda aloof or was he mid season “I don’t give a shit that I blew the lead in the 8th inning”?