Sorry folks, but time is a factor tonight…
- Triple-A Scranton (lost). Kevin Russo, Ramiro Pena, and Jordan Parraz each had two knocks, and Mike Lamb hit a solo dinger. Manny Banuelos had a disaster start in his final regular season outing of the year (look at the Banuelos Watch in the sidebar), but George Kontos picked him up 3.1 scoreless. Hector Noesi tossed a scoreless frame as well, but Kevin Whelan blew it all in the eighth.
- Double-A Trenton Game One (loss). Melky Mesa doubled and homered while Corban Joseph singled. Craig Heyer gave up nine runs in four innings, and Brad Halsey cleaned up the mess with two innings of one-run ball.
- Double-A Trenton Game Two is tied and still being played. Zoilo Almonte has a double and a triple so far, and Mesa launched another homer. Here’s the box score.
- High-A Tampa (loss). Abe Almonte’s 34-game hitting streak came to an end yesterday, but he got right back on the horse with three hits (two doubles) in this one. Ronnie Mustelier, Rob Segedin, Cody Johnson, and Mitch Abeita all had multiple knocks, the last two guys a double each. Nothing noteworthy on the mound.
- Low-A Charleston (loss). Only three hits (all singles) on offense, and they belonged to Danny Lopez, Kevin Mahoney, and Kyle Higashioka. Manny Barreda gave up three runs in four innings, then Michael Recchia relieved him with five one-hit, shutout innings.
- Short Season Staten Island (loss). Cito Culver had two hits, including a double, and Dante Bichette Jr. hit his first homer at this level. Mason Williams did not play, but Isaias Tejeda did and singled. Nothing terribly exciting on the mound.
- The GCL Yankees won their league title last week and (obviously) the season is over.
Both Double-A Trenton and High-A Tampa were knocked out of postseason contention last night due to their losses and the results of other games around their leagues. That’s a shame, none of the four full season affiliates will be in the playoffs this year. Short Season Staten Island will be though, and they’ll begin their first round series with Brooklyn next Tuesday (best-of-three).