Mar

Cesar Cabral headed for tests on left arm

Via Bryan Hoch and Marc Carig, Cesar Cabral is headed for x-rays and an MRI on his left arm. He’s currently in a sling with elbow pain. Joe Girardi acknowledged that Cabral had a great chance to make the team, but the second lefty situation seems to have taken care of itself. Just FYI, he has to spend at least 90 days on the active (non-DL) roster this season, otherwise the Rule 5 Draft rules carry over into 2013.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Mark says:

Rapada has something to do with this haha. Seriously feel bad for him Cabral was so close to the show, shame.

2. art vandelay says:

so if hes hurt does that mean they need to send him back regardless or can he go on the yankees DL?

3. Gonzo says:

Can “Elbow” Rapada be far behind?

4. Dave "Sling" Robertson says:

Revenge is sweet.

5. your mom says:

Bad news comes in 3′s. Someone else is going down with an injury soon.

6. Jesse says:

RIP Cesar “Stairs” Cabral.

7. Cesar "Stairs" Cabral says:

Just when I had Pineda where I wanted him. Puta madre!

• Dave "Sling" Robertson says:

I taught Pineda that “special” cutter b/c I wanted to become a starter. I slipped a tapeworm into CC’s gatorade too. He’ll be 165lbs by the All-Star break. Hahahaha…. HAHAHAHA!

• forensic says:

I know it ruins all the jokes and fun, but just because it’s late and no one cares anymore, MLB12 Show actually did this to my career. Robertson was starting in the majors after an injury and Logan/Okajima shared starting duties in AAA after injuries.

Stupid computers!!!

8. Rookie says:

Wow. I guess it goes to show the old maxim about never having enough pitching — and proves how much more fragile pitchers are than position players. If Cabral and Pineda are unavailable for any reason — cautionary or otherwise — to start the season, I suppose the Yankees not only don’t have too many relievers or starters, but they’ll have to bring somebody up from AAA to be the long man in the bullpen until Pettitte is ready to join the big club.

9. Johnny says:

You know, David Robertson can throw left handed.

SWITCH PITCHER.

10. Cesar "Stairs" Cabral says:

It was all that DM’s fault. He doesn’t think Stairs is funny. Fock that guy.

• DM says:

The big reveal — I am “Dave ‘Sling’ Robertson”. What was briefly your joke is now mine, Dr Jones. Hahahaha…. HAHAHAHAHA!