May

Thursday Night Open Thread

(Jeff Gross/Getty Images)

Today is second of three off-days the Yankees will have in a 12-day span. Two are needed for travel to and from the West Coast, but I’m not quite sure what Monday’s day off is about. I’m not complaining though, that’s Day One of the draft and for the first time in RAB history I’ll be able to focus on it without having to check the score between picks. I remember a few years ago, I think 2008, the Yankees were playing the Red Sox the same night. It’ll be nice to have that break. We’ll hold a live chat during all three days as usual, so get excited.

Anyway, here is tonight’s open thread. There are only three baseball games being played today and MLB Network will air two of team: Red Sox-Tigers (Beckett vs. Scherzer, 7pm ET) and Brewers-Dodgers (Greinke vs. Billinglsey, 10pm ET)). The Astros and Rockies are the non-nationally broadcast game, and … ewww. There’s also some NBA playoff action going on later tonight. Talk about whatever here, go nuts.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Kramerica Industries says:

Just to be an ass…

That was in 2009 when they played Boston.

2. The Troll says:

Saltalamacchia: 2012 All-Star . . . I despise the Sox with every inch of my soul. Podsednik, Nava, and Sweeney in the outfield and the damage continues to be done. It pisses me off. It really does.

3. Mike Axisa says:

Low-A Charleston has scored 66 runs in its last four games and six innings.

4. DERP says:

Anyone catch ESPN’s franchise draft today? They let the fans do one as well. Steve Lombardozzi was picked 26th by the fans.

5. Foghorn Leghorn says:

is there a bigger Plouffebag in baseball than Josh Beckett? Could you imagine having to root for him? Tailor made for Boston.

6. Cuso says:

Justin Maxwell has been smoking the ball in part-time duty for the ‘stros. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish we just started Nunez at AAA and let Maxwell make the roster.

With his speed/power/range he’d probably have started against every LHP and 1 out of 3 RHP.

• Mike Axisa says:

He’s hitting .221/.316/.382 with a 31.6% strikeout rate. Also, they couldn’t just start Nunez in Triple-A because there would have been no backup middle infielder on the roster.

• Cuso says:

Understood. But there still isn’t now. And they’re carrying Nix AND Wise.

They could just as easily carry Nix and Maxwell.

• Cuso says:

Realize, that this is a scenario where Gardner is still on the DL….

(Only stating that, because I know that’s going to be someone’s initial retort)

7. DERP says:

Miguel Cabrera steals second. Catcher throws ball into center field. Cabrera goes to third. Center fielder throws ball past third baseman.

Then Fielder hits a stand up triple.

• Foghorn Leghorn says:

I saw that and had a hunch Cabrera would steal. The pitcher…a lefty..was paying no attention to him. Fielder probably cold’ve had an inside the parker if he ran hard from home.

8. RI$P FTW says:

Whatever. I got two i got two girls to tonight f you all.