Three wins, a loss, and a rain-out in the minorsBy
Both OF Chris Dickerson and IF Doug Bernier have been activated off the Triple-A disabled list. IF Kevin Mahoney (groin) has been placed on the Double-A DL while OF Melky Mesa was activated. IF Yadil Mujica was sent from Triple-A to Double-A as part of all this. Just one more day of bullet points as I recoup from the draft…
- Triple-A Empire State (win): OF Chris Dickerson (one hit), 2B Ramiro Pena (one), LF Ronnie Mustelier (three), and DH Jack Cust (two) each had a double. 1B Russell Branyan had two hits including a homer, ditto 3B Brandon Laird. C Frankie Cervelli drove in three runs despite just one hit. RHP Ramon Ortiz soaked up seven innings and allowed three runs before giving way to LHP Juan Cedeno (one run) and RHP Ryota Igarashi (scoreless) for an inning each.
- Double-A Trenton (win): CF Abe Almonte set the table with four singles and a stolen base from the leadoff spot while RF Zoilo Almonte, DH Melky Mesa, C Jose Gil, and SS-3B Addison Maruszak each doubled. 1B Luke Murton hit a dinger. LHP Vidal Nuno allowed one run across six innings in his latest strong outing.
- High-A Tampa Game One (loss): No one scored a run or had an extra-base hit, but CF Ramon Flores and C J.R. Murphy each singled. 2B Anderson Feliz and RF Neil Medchill went a combined 0-for-7 with six strikeouts. RHP Sean Black allowed two runs (one earned) in five innings before giving way to RHP Branden Pinder, who allowed one run in his two innings.
- High-A Tampa Game Two was suspended due to rain after three and a half innings. Here’s the box score, I’ll update the stats when they resume the game, presumably tomorrow.
- Low-A Charleston (win): CF Mason Williams had two hits and a double while SS Cito Culver clubbed his first homer of the season. 2B Angelo Gumbs had a homer of his own and joined 3B Dante Bichette Jr. and 1B Rey Nunez in the two-hit club. RF Tyler Austin singled and C Gary Sanchez took an 0-for-4. RHP Mariel Checo and RHP Phil Wetherell combined for 4.1 scoreless innings out of the bullpen after RHP Wilton Rodriguez allowed five runs in 4.2 innings.