Jul

Wednesday Night Open Thread

The Canos. (Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

The 2012 All-Star festivities are finally over, which means no more complaining about snubs or undeserving starters or boos for Robinson Cano. I get it, the hometown fans — and in reality, only the hometown fans — wanted to see Billy Butler take his hacks in the Homerun Derby. I have no problem with booing Cano for not taking Butler but there is a line and the Kansas City fans crossed it when they started harassing Robinson’s family. I know Royals fans haven’t had much to cheer about for the last 25 years or so, but making everyone else feel as miserable as you are isn’t the solution. Especially when you’re on worldwide television. What’s done is done, and now Robbie will get a thunderous ovation when he comes to the plate this Friday. Thanks for giving us another reason to love him.

Anyway, here is your open thread for the evening. The only real sports action on tonight is the Triple-A All-Star Game (7pm ET on MLB Network), so this is a pretty good chance to chip away at the Netflix queue or the book backlog or just get to bed a little earlier than usual. Enjoy these two baseball-less days and talk about whatever you want here. Go nuts.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Pat D says:

It’s not so much that the KC fans booed Cano for not taking Butler, but that so many KC fans I encountered online said they booed and were indignant about it because Cano “lied” about picking Butler.

One comment said something to the effect of lying might be tolerated in New York, but in Kansas City it’s not taken lightly. I told that person to grow up and realize that people are going to lie when it suits their purposes, and that he should be more concerned with people lying to him about things that matter.

That was really the thing, other than the possible familial harassment, that bothered me. Kansas City fans need to realize that this isn’t the 1950′s or the 19th century, and having to deal with people lying to them is a fact of life.

• Rich in NJ says:

It must be great to live in a place where no one ever tells a lie.

• Dean Winters says:

You would be surprised what Royal fans have said: Cano’s parents were too dumb to realize that their son was going to get booed after lying about taking Butler. Why would they wear jerseys with his name on it after what happened at the derby. They got what they deserved.

Not word for word but you got the idea. News flash family members often wear the jerseys of the player at the AS game. It’s the way everyone recognizes them. Oh that’s Cano’s dad or that’s CC’s son.

• JohnnyC says:

It’ll be interesting to hear David Cone’s take on this incident next time he does a Yankee game.

• Dean Winters says:

Very interesting but we will have to wait a yr unfortunately.

• JohnnyC says:

Why? He’s scheduled to do more games this season.

• Dean Winters says:

I don’t expect him to just bring it up out of the blue. But the time he does another game everyone will have already moved on. Unless Ka y says Cone now u played for KC now what did you think of……

———————-

I’ve been hearing that all day

“He lacks integrity”

“He lied about everything and no one heckled his family I was there”

“Cano made up the story about having to choose his team before the AS teams were selected”

“He’s not a man of his word”

Lol are those ppl aware that there is a good chance they have been lied to by their families, friends, co-workers, boss, etc. The owner of the Royals is David Glass. Do they realize how cut throat you have to be to make it as far as he has. wtf

• Ted Nelson says:

I don’t think justifying lying (that people lie, including myself, doesn’t make it right) or creating some false dicotomy between NY people and KC people (not like no one gets booed in NY or everyone lies in NY) is the issue. People can change their minds. That’s distinct from lying. He had tough choices and competing interests to satisfy (I doubt he actually had much say, MLB wants the stars in it). And someone else “lying” to you doesn’t justify acting disrespectfully. You can only control yourself. That to me is more the issue.

2. Knoxvillain says:

The KC fans were wrong, period. He shouldn’t have picked Butler. He isn’t a power hitter. He picked the right players and the HR Derby showed that. It’s okay though. It’s the Royals. When they can put the equivalent of at least a AA team on the field then they can talk or boo.

• jjyank says:

I agree. Cano picked the premier power bats in the AL for the team, and it’s a fucking home run derby. Take the best power bats. I want to see Fielder and Bautista, not Butler. If the fans want to boo, then boo their GM for not building a more power-laden team to choose from. Butler has eclipsed 20 home runs once, and that was 3 years ago. Grow up KC.

3. Ken says:

Robinson handled the KC adversity as a champion and Yankee should – with class and dignity. I wish I could attend the game this Friday to personally applaud Robinson. I will do so with gusto when I attend a few games later this month. LET’S GO YANKEES!!!!!

4. Dewayne is Wise says:

F KC
    Next year thr Yankees need to go in there and pretend its Boston and kick some ass.
    Light them up and destroy that AAAA team.

5. CBean says:

i miss baseball

6. Rocky Road Redemption says:

DID Cano lie?

Because I wouldn’t be too happy with that either. Now harassing his family is so over the line it’s not even worth talking about anymore because we all have a consensus on the subject, but if I were a Royals fan and he said he’d pick a guy from my team but he lied about it…yeah, I’d be pretty pissed.

• RetroRob says:

Saying something before the All-Star team had been selected and then changing one’s mind and opting to assemble the best HR Derby team is his job as the captain and does not represent a lie, especially since a Royal hadn’t even been named to the All-Star Game when the HR Derby participants were submitted. Whatever Robinson said a month back was what I’m sure he felt at the time. Plus, even after all these years, Cano’s command of the English language is not all that great if you’ve seen him interviewed.

I’m not going to get on Royals fans since Yankee fans, and fans of all teams, are capable of similar. Verbally taunting family members and mothers, however, is not something I will excuse.

• Ted Nelson says:

If anything I’d call it more changing his mind than lying. And I’d guess that whatever they say, MLB pushes certain popular players on the captains too.

I agree the distespectful treatment is totally uncalled for, but it’s not unique to KC. Cliff Lee’s wife said she got taunted and I want to say spit on in Yankee Stadium… Which people even speculated might have played a role in his decision not to sign with the Yankees

7. Chad Gaudin the Friendly Ghost says:

Has anyone actually seen what the KC nutjob dirtbags were referring to as it pertains to Cano ‘lying’? Did he actually say he was going to take Butler and then didn’t (not that it matters, Butler didn’t belong there anyway, and even if he did that’s no excuse to harass a mans family)?

• Chad Gaudin the Friendly Ghost says:

Well, apparently there is at least one article with a vague reference to it (link to article below, excerpt here):

“Cano said he hasn’t really thought about the players he will ask to join but pointed at teammate Curtis Granderson as a likely choice. He did admit that he will choose a player from the Kansas City Royals. Arizona Diamondbacks fans were not too happy when last year’s NL captain Prince Fielder did not pick Justin Upton.

“With God leading the way, I’ll be waiting to chose the right players and be able to do a great job,” Cano said.”

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

Without a quote, I’m not convinced. For all I know he could have admitted that he’d “strongly consider” taking a player from the KC Royals, or that he was thinking about.

• jjyank says:

Same. This seems like a really, really flimsy piece of news to warrant all that booing and harassing his family.

• Chad Gaudin the Friendly Ghost says:

I’m totally with you guys. Even if he said exactly what was reported in the article (‘I will choose a player from the Royals’) it seems an awful lot like something that the guy changed his mind about, not was being misleading about. After all, what’s the benefit of lying about that? It’s not like fans aren’t going to notice Billy Butler’s not in the game.

It’s all so ridiculous.

• jjyank says:

Guess that’s what over two decades of futility does to a fan base. Let’s hope we never shrink to such depths.

• Midland TX says:

I read that as, “If it’s up to me, I will choose a Royal,” with the obvious implication that King Selig the Terrible will be giving him an approved short list.

• Bunt Gardner says:

The issue stems from a segment on MLB when they were interviewing Cano and Kemp. Kruk asked Cano if he was going to pick a Royal. Cano was obviously put on the spot and said something to the effect “You have to consider it. It would be the right thing”. But he added “I’ll have to wait and see who is selected from KC”. At no time did he say he would definitely pick Butler.

• Cuso says:

Kruk isn’t onMLB Network. It seems no one really know where this “KC promise” materialized from. That makes this all the more bullshit. But no one in the media seems to want to point out that another media outlet conjured this “promise” out of thin air.

8. Paul VuvuZuvella says:

Would have been nice if YES would have carried a minor league game tonight and tomorrow night. Opportunity Fail.

9. Get Phelps Up says:

Do the Royals come back to YS this year? Because if they do, I hope Billy Butler gets the same treatment that Cano got.

• UncleArgyle says:

What did Billy Butler do?

What did Cano do?

At the very least I hope they boo the shit out of the team when the line up is announced. Why not?

• Ted Nelson says:

Two wrongs don’t make a right, turn the other cheek, and ten thousand others of the most famous quotes ever. Making yourself into an asshole does nothing about someone else having been an asshole, it just makes you an asshole.

• jjyank says:

Booing at a sports game makes you an asshole? Wow dude. Don’t even know what to say to that.

• Deep Thoughts says:

How about, “I’m frequently an asshole.”

• jjyank says:

So you’ve never booed once in your life? Are sports fans never allowed to boo? Well then let’s take out cheering too, and we can all sit and watch in silence! Cut the condescending crap.

• Ted Nelson says:

In this case you want to boo a guy for something he had no control over whatsoever. Ironically because you are upset that another guy got booed and heckled…

It wouldn’t be some travesty to humanity to boo Billy Butler at a baseball game, but I do think it’s an asshole thing to do.

• Oscar Gamble's 'Fro says:

I would really like to hear Teddy wax poetic about being a douchebag.

• Pat D says:

It’s all about that desire for “revenge.”

• Get Phelps Up says:

He’s like their Cano. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

I’m with you. Because some KC jackasses made Cano feel like shit we should try and make somebody who had nothing to do with it feel like shit too?

Let’s not drag down more innocents into this.

• jjyank says:

I don’t see booing a Royal as going down to their level. Booing Cano was a little obnoxious, but its the harassment of his family that is ridiculous. Unless we organize a mass RAB road trip to KC to boo the fans themselves, I don’t see the harm in booing Butler. I’m not saying we should send mean letters to his parent’s house or anything.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

Because we’re booing a player for no other reason except that he happens to be a guy Royals players like.

I mean, it’s kind of a dick thing to do.

• jjyank says:

We boo players all the time. You boo our players, we’ll boo yours. This is sports, people cheer and boo. Booing a guy is not a “dick” move as far as I’m concerned.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

What did he do to earn the booing?

FTR, I don’t boo players. I was at a game where AJ Burnett gave up 6 runs in the first two innings or something like that. When Joe removed him, I didn’t boo. I don’t think it’s fair to the players or makes sense.

• jjyank says:

I don’t boo Yankees. But I sure as hell boo other players, it’s part of being a fan. If you don’t like that part of fandom, that’s your right. But it’s not a dick move. I boo Red Sox players all the time. Why? Because they have the wrong uniform on. And now I hate Kansas City, so I would also boo them, at least for the rest of 2012.

I don’t give a shit the KC fans booed Cano initially, but it went on way too long and threatening his family was over the line. I don’t see a problem with booing Butler when he comes to bat one time, let KC know if they boo our players, we’ll be theirs. There’s really no harm in it.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

IT just seems to me that we’re booing people because theyy’re trying to do a job.

I’ll put it this way: I’ll boo someone that I’d be mad at if I talked to them in person. Billy Butler is not one of those people. Youkilis? Debatable, maybe. Bonds? Well, he’d rip my head off if I said something, but he seems like a dick on AND off the field.

Billy Butler? No way. What he did do that merits getting booed? Get hired by a franchise with shitty fans?

• jjyank says:

I’m booing the uniform, not the guy. I don’t really see it the same way you do, I guess.

• Ted Nelson says:

Harassing a players family is something yankees fans have done too. Remember Lee’s wife all of like 2 years ago? People in glass houses…

• jjyank says:

It’s something every fan base would probably do. But I didn’t harass Cliff Lee’s wife, so I reserve the right to be pissed. Or should I just never be pissed at anything ever because someone else may or may not have done the same thing to someone else?

• Ted Nelson says:

You shouldn’t take the actions of a few douchey fans as being indicative of anything besides the lack of class of those fans. I would also say that you should worry about carrying yourself in a way you want to present yourself. If that’s being rude to strangers over some perceived rivalry born of the irrationality and ignorance of some douches, that’s your call.

• jjyank says:

I think you’re making waaay to big of a deal over booing someone in a sports game. So I want boo a member of an opposing sports team? Happens all the time, all over the world, in every sport, to almost every player. But I guess everyone is just rude, right? Don’t patronize me for my perception of KC fans.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

Well yeah, personally I do think it’s rude. I just don’t think people actually take the time to stop and realize that.

*shrug*

It’s a game. Fans cheer, fans boo. I think we’re all reading too much into that dynamic.

• Ted Nelson says:

A lot of people are rude, yeah. That everyone else is doing something is never a moral justification that makes it right.

In this case you’re booing because of something the guy himself had no control over at all, which I think makes it different from simply booing for a sports related reason.

I am not trying to make a huge deal of this. I just think it’s the wrong thing to do. I think that the mentality that leads people to boo Cano or Butler is a dangerous and undesirable one.

• Ted Nelson says:

99.9% of KC fans didn’t harass Cano’s family and probably 99% didn’t even boo him. I don’t really understand the rationale behind “getting even” with a few douches by booing a player they cheer for. Nor in expressing that you didn’t like some fans booing by booin their guys yourself.

• jjyank says:

You can have your opinion, Ted. Please stop trying to convince me to change mine.

• Andy Pettitte's Fibula (former Manny's BanWagon) says:

Dude, haven’t you learned yet that his opinion is the only one that’s correct

• jjyank says:

I have noticed that trend.

• Ted Nelson says:

I should stop even discussing his opinion, and I am the one who thinks there is only one opinion?

You can do whatever you want, but I don’t think it’s debatable that being rude to someone else for something they have no control over is the wrong thing to do. In this case it’s not some huge deal, but it’s still the morally wrong thing to do.

• Ted Nelson says:

Your opinion is that it’s justified to be rude to someone for no reason… and I should let that go… Have fun with that

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

Despite it being against the prevailing opinion here, I actually agree with you.

• Dean Winters says:

I remember Lee saying the story was false

• Steve says:

I think you’re recalling that incorrectly. He said it wouldn’t factor into his decision but he definitely acknowledged that it happened and so did his wife

• RetroRob says:

He said fans didn’t spit on his wife, or pour beer on her, although they were verbally harassing the players’ wives. They did not direct it as Lee’s wife. Fans didn’t even know who she was.

The story was not quite what was reported by the media initially.

• Dean Winters says:

And Mrs. Lee didn’t help matters either when she came out and said what she said. Only after the fact did she say her words were twisted. But I hope she’s enjoying watching her husband on a losing team. :)

• Steve says:

Where did he say this. Here is what I remembered. http://sports.espn.go.com/new-.....id=5729471

“I brush that off as fans being fans. You can’t control 50,000 people and what they’re going to do,” Lee said Tuesday, the day before pitching Game 1 of the World Series for Texas. “There were some people that were spitting off the balcony on the family section and things like that, and that’s kind of weak, but what can you do?”

• Dean Winters says:

“That was way overblown,” Lee said. “No one came up to my wife and spit on her. You go to any stadium, fans start cheering, especially in the postseason. Fans are going to say something, they’re going to do things like that.

“That story was way overblown. It was false, and had zero to do with anything. Hopefully, we can put that behind us, because it was a non-issue.”

check it out at 9:45

• Steve says:

I read that as nobody came right up to her and spit in her face. She claims people spit on her, he concedes that people spit into their section from above. Why would she lie about it? It’s not an argument worth having but even if his wife wasn’t spit on, people were spitting into the family section of the Rangers. That much has been conceded. That means somebody’s family was spit on, which really was the original argument here that KC fans crossed some sort of line

———————

Hmmmmmmm

Kristen Lee said fans spit on the Rangers’ family section at Yankee Stadium from the upper deck. She said no one spit on her directly. She said she was accurately quoted in a USA Today story in October, but felt her words got twisted.

She came out in Oct. and said she was spit on and then months later says she wasn’t spit on and her words were twisted.

• Steve says:

For some reason I can’t reply to your post below, but fine she wasn’t spit on. But that wasn’t really my point. Somebody was spit on. But both she and Cliff stick to their story that people were spitting into the family section. My point and Ted’s original point is that Yankee Fans are not innocent when it comes to other people’s families. Whether it was Cliff lee’s wife, Ian Kinsler’s wife, Josh Hamilton’s grandmother, etc. etc. does it really matter? People spit into the Rangers family section. Was it because they had too much saliva in their mouth or was it because it was the family section of the Rangers?

• Dean Winters says:

No one ever said Yankee fans were innocent because we all know they aren’t.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

So much for practicing my Dwight Howard handshake….

• Pat D says:

No, the Yankees are done with KC this year.

10. Rocky Road Redemption says:

My post seemed to get lost in the shuffle, so I’ll repost it here:

DID Cano lie?

Somebody has pointed out one article that made reference to Cano saying he’d take somebody from KC, but is there anything more substantial than that?

Because like I said, it’s not something I’d harass anybody over, but it would piss me off.

11. 23553 says:

Hey, I’m down in DC, and it’s getting to the point where I’m wondering how playoff tickets work. I guess the main things I was wanting to know are how teams generally go about selling them and what happens when you buy tickets to a non-existent game 5, 6, or 7. I figured this would be a good place to find out. Thanks.

• jjyank says:

No answer for you, but I’m also in DC and while potential World Series tickets might be out of my price range, I’m also curious how that works.

• captain kiwi says:

i’m not sure if there’s a universal way that stadiums go about it, or if they do it differently depending on where you are, but i had tickets for the braves’ nlds series last year that i purchased in the middle of sept. obviously, the braves didn’t even make it, so i was given the choice of a refund or being credited for a game for the 2012 season. i’m not sure if that’s the standard, but that’s the only bit of empirical evidence i have.

• Jon d says:

You’ll get your money back, or possibly not even billed until the game occurs. Transactions on stubhub in such instances are nullified and everyone gets their money back, including fees

• pat says:

TicketMaster will refund all the orders in bulk.

12. captain kiwi says:

i still don’t understand all the hate towards cano. kc fans are upset because he MIGHT have “lied”? because he didn’t pick a hometown player? ugh. i can understand being “miffed”, or slightly irritated, but to be SO upset? heckling a family and acting like general jackasses over the course of the hr derby and the asg? suuuuuuuuper lame. people will find the dumbest reasons to be upset nowadays.

• Dean Winters says:

You would be surprised how many Royal fans are defending what happened at the game. I’ve heard many of them say it shows how passionate we are lol.

• Pat D says:

Passion can be a very dangerous thing.

I mean, the term “crime of passion” didn’t come from nowhere.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

…and they can show their displeasure by booing Robbie Cano. That’s fine. They paid the price of the ticket, and Cano is a grown-ass man.

Am I hearing correctly that they said something to his family about deportation? That’s not passion. That’s outright bigotry.

——————–

I’m still trying to find out if that is true.

• Ted Nelson says:

Yankees fans did the same to Cliff Lee’s wife (I believe she got spit on if I remember correctly). It’s not excusable, but this is not unique to KC fans.

She did not get spit on

• OMG! Bagels! says:

Lee said the spitting didn’t happen and whatever taunting there was was from a few douche bag fans. And that is unforgiveable.

In KC it was all of them and was relentless. And they just didn’t stop.

• Ted Nelson says:

Every KC fan in the entire stadium was taunting Cano’s family?

A whole lot of them were booing him, sure. The booing isn’t what we’re discussing here.

• OMG! Bagels! says:

Don’t tell me what we’re discussing here. It’s OPEN THREAD and I’ll discuss whatever is within the RAB guidelines. You are such a douche. Let’s discuss that.

13. Robinson Tilapia says:

So much for practicing my Dwight Howard handshake….

• Andy Pettitte's Fibula (former Manny's BanWagon) says:

As a Knicks fan, I’m glad the trade fell apart though with Howard the Nets might have been able to end the reign of terror in Miami at 1.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

No they wouldn’t have. Talent level still isn’t even in the same ballpark between the Heat and Nets. Hopefully some great games, though.

It would be fantastic if the Nets were to have eclipsed the Knicks their first year out. Probably won’t happen without Howard, though.

• Ted Nelson says:

Mav’s talent level also wasn’t as good as the Heat’s… but they still slaughtered them in the finals.

14. yooboo says:

Cano did not make the promise to pick Billy Butler. Poor politic aversion by KC.

Cano picked Fielder over Butler? That is plainly stupidly. However, Cano picked all sluggers that are known for long distance since in HR derby, they reveal a measurement for a long distance for entertaining purpose.

Banner in the sky? You get to be fucking kidding me.

15. Bunt Gardner says:

Here’s the link to the interview that KC fans keep pointing to and saying Cano lied. Kruk poses the question at about 1:30 into the video.

• Hall and Nokes says:

At least he knows when to wear an undershirt.

• RetroRob says:

As I noted above, he answered the question with what he felt at the time, but he also noted before that it was important to field the best HR Derby team. That was well in advance of the game’s participants even being picked. It wasn’t a lie as the Royals fans are using as their excuse. But, once again, I don’t have a problem with Royals fans acting like fans, with the exception of their alleged verbal abuse of Cano’s family and mother. I’lls ay alleged, since we saw stories about Cliff Lee’s wife being spit on by Yankee fans, which turned out to be false.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

This is stupid. He didn’t promise jack shit.

16. Bartolo's Colon says:

i will be cheering loudly for cano on friday…

that being said, i say we just completely drop this, like it never happened. this is going to be the highlight for kc for 2012, probably bigger than the all star game itself. they are so proud of themselves for giving the yankees a hard time. they will probably show it on the jumbotron to pump up their fans, instead of actual good baseball plays like the yankees do. don’t give them the satisfaction of even caring about it, this is their shining moment, let’s not make it any better for them. ultimately, they booed a great yankee, certainly wasn’t the first time, certainly won’t be the last. enjoy it kc, feel free to boo us throughout october too

17. Andy Pettitte's Fibula (former Manny's BanWagon) says:

Who gives a shit what someone in Bumfuck, Missouri thinks about Robbie Cano anyway. They haven’t had a relevant baseball team in probably more than 20 years.

18. pistol pete says:

I hope Robbie is motivated by this episode and goes on with a big second half and wins the MVP. Go Robbie.

19. RI$P FTW says:

‘Fan’ is short for ‘fanatic’. If you don’t like it, don’t make millions of dollars hitting a ball. Get a real job and deal with real problems like everyone else. (Yelling isn’t a real problem). Go hide in your castle, bitch.

By the way, when Yanks fans did the same thing to Cliff Lee’s wife (which was worse – spitting) everyone thought it was cool. Some dumb greaseballs said no one spit on her, so they must be telling the truth, right?

• Robinson Tilapia says:

You’re automatically assuming that the way those fans behaved towards Lee’s wife would have been condoned by most Yankee fans. I certainly didn’t condone it.

I don’t think anything here is “worse” than the other. They’re both equally shitty.

However, I’ll say this: This sounds like a whole lot shit-stirring by the KC media which got way out of control.

• Apple says:

There’s a pretty big “bitch” alright, but it’s not Cano. It’s the jealous, petty crybaby in front of his computer screen and a dollar sign in his screen name. Crawl back into your hole.

• Rocky Road Redemption says:

What? I’m sorry, I don’t recall ever saying I was “cool” with anything done to Cliff Lee’s wife.

So because somebody happened to get paid a lot of money to do a job that makes it okay for us to yell at them?

It sounds to me like we’re really booing because we’re jealous, which is pretty petty of us.

• Dean Winters says:

They never spit on his wife

• Ted Nelson says:

Stop. You are remembering it incorrectly or purposefully twisting what happened. Her section got spit on. It’s a matter of semantics. Rangers’ family members were spit on.

• Dean Winters says:

But she wasn’t spit on. How am I remembering incorrectly when Lee himself said the report was false.

• Ted Nelson says:

I don’t think paying someone justifies treating them poorly.

20. Vic says:

Dear lord how can this be a story? Get me to Friday.

21. mustang says:

I read in so many places today that there is no way that the Yankees are trading for Upton.

Mr. Upton welcome to the New York Yankees I wonder what number he will get.

22. Cuso says:

I don’t like that they changed the AS break to 4 days. It always used to be Mon-Weds off and resume on Thursday.

Yeah, yeah our team is “older” and could use the rest, I know.

I used to hate this Wednesday during the summer because “nothing was on.” I though the idea was to make the season “not” drag on?

• Cuso says:

Now this Thursday will annually become the bane of my baseball existence

• Robinson Tilapia says:

One of my favorite sensationalist documentaries ever, “Cocaine Cowboys,” was on CNBC tonight. Love it. A whole lot of crazy stuff went down in a whole lot of places I used to hang out at only a few years before I was in Miami.

23. Darren says:

I saw Ace Frehley tonight and he, and his band were excellent.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

What does Ace play in a solo set? Do you get some Kiss and some Frehley’s Comet? Is he back in a New York Groove? And what does Erica think?

• Erica says:

HAHAHA! Dude. KISS concerts are the best. I can only imagine that an Ace Frehley concert meets those standards as well!

24. john says:

Mike nobody crossed any lines. His family got booed a little bit. You act like yankee fans wouldnt and havnt done the exact same thing. Remember Cliff Lee’s wife? Most of us were laughing about that back then. Robbie was flat out stupid for not taking Butler.

• Erica says:

How was Robbie stupid for not taking Butler? Is it because they were playing in KC? That’s simply unsound logic.

I’m pretty sure that nobody was laughing about the harassment of Cliff Lee’s wife. Why would anyone here support that?

• Dean Winters says:

What happened to Lee’s wife?? Lee himself said the story never happened.

• Ted Nelson says:

He said that the section she was in got spit on and heckled. It was semantics that she herself didn’t literally get spit on, just spit at. Other people in the Rangers’ family section were spit on.

• Dean Winters says:

Ok but nothing happened to her that’s the point despite everyone saying how can Yankee fans talk didn’t they spit on Lee’s wife.

25. Erica says:

I want to personally slap all those idiot KC fans that gave Robbie’s family a hard time. Pathetic, simply pathetic fans in those stands. Pathetic. There is no other word.

Pathetic.

26. Klemy says:

There goes that $100 million contract KC was going to offer Cano…oh, wait.