Apr

Mark Teixeira to begin minor league rehab assignment tomorrow

Mark Teixeira will play three innings in Tampa tomorrow according to Bryan Hoch. He is on track to be activated off the DL on Sunday, the first day he is eligible. Tomorrow will be Teixeira’s first game action since he hurt his hamstring roughly two weeks ago, though I don’t know if he’ll play in Extended Spring Training or with High-A Tampa. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. mustang says:

Sunday they play in Tampa and have an off day Monday. I doubt they will let him play on turf so he will probably be back on Tuesday for the start of the Red Sox series.

2. Dave in VA says:

Who’s the most likely to be sent back to the minors when Teixeira returns?

3. Cool Lester Smooth says:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

4. csonk says:

Likely much the minority here but I could care less if Tex ever came back. He’s about a slight tick above Pay-Rod at this point. His refusal to be the ‘best hitter’ he can be for the sake of his 25-30 HRs in 600 at bats (like that’ll EVER happen again with his fragile ass) bothers me – along with his modern day hang nail-out for 2 month mentality. His contract borders on INSANE! Guy’s a witch with a glove cept’ HE’s NEVER ON THE FIELD anymore. Giambi/short porch/they don’t pay me to hit singles syndrome…..I’d take his old .285-.290 average with 25 HRs over his .235-.240 average with 30 HRs every day of every year. Lost interest in even being a fan of the guy. Sign Kendry Morales – eat the bulk of the wasted contract & move on.

5. Mick taylor says:

For 23 million he is biggest bust in baseball . Had a couple of good years,2009to2011, but even then sucked in the playoffs. It is mind boggling they still owe him 70 million. I hope girardi bats him 7th. He will use his wrist as an excusefor not hitting when he was already in decline before the injury. and it is ridiculous he does not try to hit the ball to left when batting lefty like even David Ortiz does

• Jorge Steinbrenner says:

You and the guy above you should totally get a room.

• mick taylor says:

you need to get out of tex’s room, although he does have a lotta money. you could sign willie mays 100 times over at his highest pay over 8 years adjusted for inflation that you are paying this bust. can only imagine what mr george steinbrenner would say if he were around and not you buddy.

• Jorge Steinbrenner says:

Papa Bear would probably have signed Teixeira right now to the 2009 deal and claimed wearing the pinstripes would heal him.

If I had to pick someone’s room to be in between you and him, at least he’s rich.

6. Dave Guarnieri says:

I can’t imagine the move not being DL’ing Brian Roberts.