Got some news and notes to pass along.
- RHP Luis Severino is expected to come off the DL and start for Double-A Trenton on Thursday, according to Nick Peruffo. Severino missed a week and a half with a blister. It’ll be Severino vs. Orioles RHP Dylan Bundy on Thursday.
- OF Aaron Judge is day-to-day with upper leg tightness, says Peruffo. Judge didn’t play Sunday, Double-A Trenton was off Monday, and he was out of the lineup again today. Peruffo says he is with the team and did take batting practice today, so it can’t be that big a deal. Blame the Prospect Watch curse.
- 3B Eric Jagielo was scratched from tonight’s Double-a Trenton lineup just a few minutes before first pitch for an unknown reason, according to Matt Kardos. Weird. He wasn’t even on the field for the National Anthem before the game. Blame last year’s Prospect Watch curse. Update: Jagielo was scratched because his blood-sugar level was high, says Kardos.
Triple-A Scranton (5-4 loss to Charlotte)
- LF Ramon Flores: 0-4, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K — threw a runner out at the plate
- 2B Rob Refsnyder: 2-4, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K — on-base streak is up to 21 games
- DH Kyle Roller: 0-4, 1 BB, 3 K
- RF Tyler Austin: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1 K — second homer of the year and his first since the fourth game of the year
- C Austin Romine: 2-4, 1 K
- LHP Matt Tracy: 4.1 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 3/4 GB/FB — 53 of 94 pitches were strikes (56%)
- RHP Danny Burawa: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 16 of 29 pitches were strikes (55%)
- RHP Jose Ramirez: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 4/1 GB/FB — 27 of 39 pitches were strikes (69%)