2014 Record: 84-78 (633 RS, 664 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), did not qualify for postseason
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees have not made an official announcement, but the team is planning to retire No. 46 and dedicate a plaque in Monument Park in Andy Pettitte’s honor this August.
- David Hastings, the representative for Cuban wunderkind Yoan Moncada, said his client is hoping to sign “around the 23rd of this month.” Here’s game footage of Moncada from 2013.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (elbow) has not been throwing with as much intensity this offseason. CC Sabathia (knee) is throwing regularly. Ivan Nova (elbow) is throwing on flat ground. Andrew Bailey (shoulder), Johnny Barbato (elbow), and Slade Heathcott (knee) are expected to be healthy for Spring Training. Ty Hensley (face) as resumed throwing bullpen sessions.
- Joe Girardi hinted at possibly using Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances in a co-closer situation. Billy Eppler confirmed Esmil Rogers will report to camp as a starter.
- The Yankees signed righty Kyle Davies to a minor league contract. They settled all their pending “player to be named later or cash considerations” trades with cash this offseason.
- Aaron Judge and Luis Severino both made Baseball Prospectus’ top 101 prospects list. The Yankees are estimated to have a $7.9M bonus pool for the 2015 draft.
- Alex Rodriguez apologized to the Yankees for “his actions over the past several years” at a meeting at Yankee Stadium.
- MLB will monitor the expanding strike zone in 2015 and could make changes for 2016 to help boost offense.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.