Record Last Week: 4-2 (35 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 95-60 (798 RS, 636 RA, 93-62 expected record), WC spot clinched, +1.5 GU for HFA
Schedule This Week: Four games at Rays (Mon. to Thurs.); Three games at Red Sox (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees welcomed the Red Sox to the Bronx for an important three-game series. Neil Walker hit a clutch homer in Tuesday’s 3-2 win, which was postponed due to rain, then the Yankees blew Boston out during a 10-1 win Wednesday. Alas, the Red Sox still clinched the AL East title as the Yankees lost 11-6 Wednesday.
- The Orioles came to the Bronx next. The Yankees picked up a wild back and forth 10-8 win Friday, then clinched a postseason spot with Saturday’s 3-2 win. Aaron Hicks had the walk-off double in that one. The Yankees couldn’t finish the sweep with Sunday’s 6-3 loss.
- Injury Updates: Didi Gregorius (wrist) is out with torn cartilage and could miss the rest of the season. Austin Romine (neck) has returned to action after being day-to-day with stiffness.
- Aaron Judge returned to the Yankees as a hitter last week and Aroldis Chapman was activated off the disabled list as well. Both guys are still working to get back to midseason form.
- The Mets engaged the Yankees in Jacob deGrom trade talks at the deadline, but they wanted a top young player like Gleyber Torres in return.
- Justus Sheffield and Chance Adams will come to Spring Training as starting pitchers next year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.