Some random prospect stuffBy
Shades of Friday Randomness…
- A story on Mighty Matt’s journey from receiving zero scholarship offersÂ from Division III schools to pitching for the New York frickin’ Yankees.
- Joe Torre yanks Rasner after 78 pitchesÂ while Bruce Bochy leaves Tim Lincecum in to throw 112. Torre drives me nuts sometimes.
- Angels’ prospect Hank Conger is running for president. If I were to nominate a Yankees’ prospect for the White House, it would either be Matt DeSalvo or PJ Pilittere. You gotta appreciate the guys who had to work extra hardÂ for everything they’ve accomplished.
- BA launched a Business Blog, and the first post is about – who else – Roger Clemens, and the impact he’ll have on the Yanks’ affiliates as he we works himself back into shape. We’re all excited about Rocket working with Phil Hughes, but I’m just as excited to see Ian Kennedy, Joba Chamberlain, as especially Alan Horne spend a little time with the guy.
- Only 26 days left until the Draft, which will be televised for thje first time ever. If you want to familiarize yourselfÂ with some of theÂ catchers the Yanks might target, take a look at the scouting videos ofÂ Mitch CanhamÂ (late first round), JP ArencibiaÂ (sandwich round, and boy is that a sweet swing), and Josh DonaldsonÂ (middle rounds).Â
- In a perfect world, this would be the guy I’d want to fall to the Yanks. He can flat out bring it.Â Watch the video of projected top pick David Price, then tell me he doesn’t remind you of Andy Pettitte.
- Humberto Sanchez made Project Prospect’s list of players with alot to prove in 2008.
- The great site First Inning relaunched with a new design. Sweeeeeeet.
(hat tip to TPAÂ for the DeSalvo and Conger links)