Jul

A-Rod has torn hammy; out for the year

Nah, I’m just joshin’ ya. But man, could you imagine?

There’s still no word on how bad the injury really is, but I’m sure once A-Rod‘s status is known, Petey will be the first to let us know. The suspense is killing me…

Categories : Whimsy

1. NYFan says:

That was just mean.

2. NYFan says:

He’s in today’s starting lineup.

3. Rick says:

You can’t scaring people like that man.

4. Luddy Bazcej says:

u fucker, i just got that douchey feeling like when you see a car wreck

5. Jersey says:

DUDE

Not cool.

Kinda funny though. But not cool.

6. Luddy Bazcej says:

Yeah in retrospect, kinda hilarious. Still…you fucker!!

7. dan says:

pete says he’s hitting in the cage. the title would imply that he’s playing today, but the rest of the blurb doesn’t say whether or not he is.

8. Joe says:

I think I’m too attached to baseball, I seriously lost it for a second

9. Matt L says:

Mike i like you and all, but that is just f***ing wrong.

10. Matt L says:

He is playing today.

11. b/c says:

Not funny

12. steve says:

not cool

13. Rich says:

and not funny

14. mg says:

Never do that again. That’s way too much. I almost swallowed my heart. Jesus man. Not the way to get hits.

15. NBarnes says:

I’ll admit that I smiled, in a ‘how bad can I get for those damn Yankees?’ sort of way. Though I’m actually an ARod fan and was enjoying seeing him succeed so well this year.

16. Ed says:

I need a defibulator… quickly……..

(BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

17. Tommy says:

Way to piss off your readers. This was worse than the analysis yesterday of why he might be out for a while.

18. Rick says:

19. ShawnT says:

awww cmon it was pretty funny, than again i already saw lohud b4 i read so u oviously didnt fool me

20. b/c says:

Learn to take a joke people, calm

I too had that how much worse can it get smile

21. David says:

“I know this is off topic but, I am reading articles about Edwar Ramirez and I was wondering, the best comparison for him is what Trever Hoffman or Aaron Heilman? Plus, from the reports I,ve read the reason the yankees didn’t call him up earlier is because he needs more command of his fastball. What you guys think?”

Hoffman’s not a valid comp at all, Rick. Trevor was a guy with a 97 MPH fastball in his prime who, over the years, has had to adjust to less velocity, and has done so. His experience can’t be discounted.

Ramirez has never had the fastball, and has been a career minor-leaguer, and is already 27 years old. And a lot of his “minor league” experience has been in independent leagues, etc. He’s been released from real major-league organizations a bunch. That doesn’t compare to Hoffman or Heilman, even, both of whom were considered good prospects throughout their minor-league careers.

As much as I hate to say this, I think Edwar is a 4A pitcher, a guy who will dominate lesser talent but come up short in the majors. Look at Colter Bean’s minor league career stats – they’re off the chart. But he can’t get anybody out with the major-league team. I am afraid we’re in for more of that with Edwar – like Bean his fastball is sub-par, in the 88 mph range, often less, and he has no history of sustained success to fall back on once things go wrong.

And Torre won’t use him anyway, so the point is moot.

22. Mike A. says:

I agree to a point with David; Edwar will never be the pitcher that Heilman or especially Hoffman are. However, I do think he’s better than a 4A guy, maybe not a stud setup man or anything like that, but he’ll be a nice middle-innings guy. Guys who have 1 truly outstanding pitch (like Edwar does with his change) can usually carve out a nice big league career for themselves.

And c’mon people, it was just a joke! Don’t take life too seriously, you’ll never make it out alive.

23. C-Note says:

big night for JOBA!!!

24. Mike A. says:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh C-Note! You’ll ruin the surprise for the others!

25. ShawnT says: