Sep

Enough with the stupid squirrel already

YES Network: We know a squirrel seems to live on top of the right field foul pole. This is New York; there are lots of squirrels. Please get over it.

Categories : Rants

1. Joseph P. says:

I still think the squirrel was planted there last night.

2. Mike A. says:

Let’s hear it for the Rally Squirrel!!!

Let’s go Squir-Rel, clap, clap, clap clap clap, Let’s go Squir-Rel, clap, clap, clap clap clap…

3. mg says:

I saw it last night in the flesh. I can’t remember ever seeing a more sickly, mangy animal.

4. Mike R. says:

If it works don’t knock it. It’s better than that damn rally monkey. I want the bleacher creatures to include the Squirrel in the roll call.

5. Dude says:

slightly embarrassed to say so, but i actually like the squirrel… as long as YES doesn’t overdo it, which they are close to doing.

6. Jamie says:

I think the squirrel is Phil Rizzuto reincarnated.

7. Lil Jimmy Norden says:

yes i thought the same. holy shit was that ridiculous. people were takin photos of it. its a freakin squirrel!

8. Rob_in_CT says:

They just need to back off a little with it. Show the squirrel once or twice a game, and it’s all good. Show it every inning and blech.

9. Jen says:

I’d just like to point out that I made note of the damn squirrel back in April (on Good Friday to be exact). He wasn’t exactly lucky that night. Although A-Rod did go on to hit his first walk-off of the season the following day.

10. brad k says:

the thing is that you know YES can’t back off. They will go to the squirrel shot every chance they get. lets face it if it comes down to the squirrel or Kay and Leiter I’d take the squirrel in a heartbeat

11. Mike NYY says:

YES is deinitely overdoing it. Funny thing but no big deal. Kay included a squirrel reference to the Abreu HR

12. Malcard89 says:

wat the hells wrong with u ben? lighten up, everyone watching the game in my dorm got a few laughs out of it, and they’re not even yankee fans.

13. Josh K says:

ESPN ran the Top 10 squirrel in sports thing yesterday. From the two at Yankee Stadium, to a hockey game, to one where the squirrel ran past Brett Favre at a Packs/Bucs game and scared the crap out of him. Should of seen it…haha….