Oct

Torre to the Dodgers

Joe Torre is heading west; Pete Abraham breaks the news. Scott Proctor’s reaction is here.

In all seriousness, I wish Joe the best of luck and I truly hope he gets to come back to The Stadium as a coach for the All-Star Game.

Categories : Asides

1. kanst says:

This could be interesting. I wouldn’t be suprised if Torre takes most of his old staff with him. I like Kevin Long so I hope he stays. Also this could mean that A-Rod has more reason to go to the Dodgers if all he said about liking Torre was true

2. Ben K. says:

It’s a good thing the Dodgers have a stud young catcher and an effective closer already.

3. NYFan50 says:

The Dodgers will be seeing a lot of Proc-Brox-Saito 7-8-9.

4. barry says:

I wish Russel Martin was a free agent.

5. Count Zero says:

Proctor’s reaction = priceless! :-)

6. Jamal G. says:

Good point about the Dodgers already having their established young closer but Im not so sure about the closer. Takashi Saito is a damn good closer but when you have a chance to add one of the Top 3 closers in all of baseball and the greatest post-season closer of all time, you do it unless your the Red Sox or Angels.

• brxbmrs says:

Jamal,

LA isn’t going to spend the $ on Mo – especially at 38. If they do, so be it, but I can’t see it.

• kanst says:

They also have Broxton who is a good young closer in waiting and Meloan who should be a great 8th inning guy. They are one of the few teams that doesnt really need relievers