Nov

Is it too early to talk 2008 draft?

Well, maybe just a bit. But that didn’t stop RAB fave Keith Law from posting his Top 60 Prospects for next year’s draft. I plan on getting into some draft stuff in a few weeks, but this’ll wet your tongue.

As a reminder, the Yanks have the 28th pick in the draft, and could still pick up an additional 7 picks if Pettitte, The Viz, Mo and A-Rod sign elsewhere. And yes, I think A-Rod will sign elsewhere. Don’t buy into Boras’ bullshit.

Categories : Draft

1. Casper says:

Sounds like the “bullshit” you refer to is coming from the Yankees, not Boras.

2. Ivan says:

Hey Mike A. Why you still think that A-Rod would sign somewhere else?

3. dan says:

Damn insider subscription. Not that the draft will look anything like this board come June, but who’s #28 on his list? (I know the whole thing can’t be posted, but one name ain’t never did nobody no harm.)

4. Greg says:

Yeah seems like it’s almost a done deal

5. dan says:

Mike, you seriously need a facebook picture… the question mark just isn’t very flattering.

6. Jamie says:

Mike, you dont believe any of this? I hate being guilble…

7. i hope mariano goes

that means a couple of draft picks and a bye-bye bid to an aging closer coming of a career-worst year who doesnt appreciate the value of being a true yankee

which team could take him from 16-30 so we can get their picks?

• dan says:

Not sure if he’d go or not, but the dodgers (who he mentioned) are in the 1-15 range. I really want him back, but if he goes I’d like to get some picks for him.

8. kunaldo says:

arods coming back, and i am ecstatic

9. yaba daba doo says:

once again mike A is clueless… A-Rod is back with the yankees

now we get the pleasure of reading mike A telling us why yanks would have been better with wilson @ 3rd

• Mike A. says:

Wait, when did I say we’d be better off with Betemit? All I said was that I don’t buy into all the bullshit going around right now.

If you don’t like it, then do me a favor and don’t read.

• Colter says:

I love all of these bloggers saying they should be taken as seriously as the real media then when someone disagrees with them, as above with yaba daba doo, they get all thin skinned. You have a blog, you’re a ‘public figure’ so you have to take the criticism. If not, then it’s just the reader’s swallowing all your thoughts with no debate! Might as well just write it on a word document and send it to friends if you don’t want people to express their disagreement. I never hear real media people complain when someone disagrees with them, they just argue their points or ignore it which is what you should do. Lombardi is the same way, “if you don’t like it, don’t read’; lame.

• dan says:

If anyone wrote that I’m sure someone here would remember it. And I absolutely love this site, but if Mike (or Joe/Ben) were to write that Betemit is better than Arod then RAB would promptly be deleted from the bookmarks. If I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t read (I say that, yet I still read Was Watching lol).

10. Jamal G. says:

you know what scares me…the fact that we would be worrying about who is available at no. 10 in the draft rather than no. 28 if it wasnt 4 arod. relax ppl, just bc we gonna resign arod doesnt mean we’re gonna start trading away young talent. arod is not gonna prevent the yanks from building around young pitching. we have the trinity up and ready in the bigs and now arod is gonna anchor the offense, i dont c a negative.

11. Mike R. says:

The guy I have my eye on in the draft is Eric Hosmer. He is a top 5 talent who could drop because:
    1 – HE is high school first baseman. Teams are generally wary of drafting high school first basemen because there aren’t as many options as with other positions.
    2 – Our friend Boras.
    3 – This year has more college talent than past years.

• Mike A. says:

I think he ends up at Arizona State. Boras is going to want a monster deal for the kid, and he’ll fall to the 30th round or something, and no one will give him the money. Plus I think he’s a bit over-hyped at this point.