Feb

DN: Murcer facing new brain cancer scare

According to a report in the Daily News, Bobby Murcer’s brain cancer may be more serious than doctors originally thought. According to e-mail Murcer’s wife Kay sent to friends, doctors have noticed something on a recent MRI, and Bobby has to go in for more tests. Our thoughts are of course with the Murcers, and hopefully, doctors will simply find scar tissue and not another cancerous tumor.

Categories : Asides

1. Dave says:

That’s so sad to hear. I hope everything turns out okay. My first game I ever saw at the Stadium was Bobby Murcer Day in August 1983.

2. Rob D. says:

I’ve always liked Murcer in the booth. I truly hope that they find nothing but scar tissue.

3. BrunoAKAmaximumpotential says:

My thoughts are with the Murcer family

4. Mike says:

Go Bobby Go! You’re a YANKEE, you can beat this!

5. Count Zero says:

Hang in there Bobby! You were my only glimmer of hope through those lean years in my childhood.

6. Mark McCray says:

Can God Bless his own voice??? If so, God Bless “The Voice Of God”.

7. Joseph M says:

Ditto to every thing said, God Bless Bobby Murcer.

8. Cam says:

Is it just me or do the Yankees seem to have an abnormaly large number of cancer cases in their players? It just seems like anytime someone has something serious, it either gets named after them (Lou Gehrig’s) or it’s cancer. I can’t think to much now but the immediate ones that pop into my head are Murcer of course, Torre, Lowell when he was coming up. I know there are a lot more but I don’t have time to think of them. Anyway, we’re all pulling for you no. 1 (& 2)!

9. DanElmaleh says:

All the best Bobby & family. One of my favorite lines of yours (when they had you miced at Old Timer’s Day a few years back).
    Ken: How does the field look out there Bobby.
    Bobby: Man, Kenny, you would never get a bad lie out here.

10. Rich says:

I echo the sentiments expressed above.

11. [...] real job – Steven Goldman – Pinstriped Blog The Shawn Green comparison – Ben K. – River Ave. Blues DN: Murcer facing new brain cancer scare – Ben K. – River Ave. Blues Single-game tickets on sale at 10 a.m. – Ben K. – River Ave. Blues [...]