Mar

Nettles facing prostate cancer

Graig Nettles is battling prostate cancer, according to the New York Post. Nettles was diagnosed with the disease around Thanksgiving but put off surgery to come to Spring Training. He’ll go under the knife on April 8, and the Yankee community will be pulling for him.

Categories : Asides

1. Whitey14 says:

Good luck to Graig. I always thought he never quite got his due. “BALLS” was one of the funnest baseball books I’ve ever read.

2. Manimal says:

You could have just said Surgery, “Under the knive” made me cross my legs, lol.

3. I hope he makes a full recovery, good Luck to Nettles. Also hows Murcer been doing?

4. Bruno says:

My heart goes out to Graig and his family.

5. dan says:

That’s a big decision to put off surgery just to be at spring training

6. yanks man says:

this jeter giving everyone herps

7. yanks man says:

i heard that jessica abla got it from him what’s up with that

8. [...] Nettles facing prostate cancer – Ben K. – River Ave. Blues [...]

9. pete says:

another example of a mediocre player who was beloved by fans simply for being a yankee and playing in the playoffs. Probably not the right time to say something like that though…

10. mustang says:

Here,Here

11. mustang says:

Man got cancer….” Probably not the right time to say something like that though…” YOU THINK….

12. Realist says:

Pete , mediocre?????????????? Maybe by today’s hgh , steroid , smaller parks and watered down talent standards………..but in no way “mediocre”.

He did it with his glove and bat……..his glove won the th ’78 World Series.

Good luck Graig!

13. pete says:

overall he was fairly average offensively for a 3B even then, though i concede that he was a very good fielder. I just get really annoyed when people get mad at the yankees for losing and blame A-Rod and then say things like “if we still had nettles…” when A-Rod is better both offensively and defensively than nettles ever was.

14. Realist says:

Lol , anyone who would take Craig over ARod is only wasting air….so I understand your comment ;-)