Mar

Opening Day Night postponed

The Yankees and the Blue Jays have postponed today’s planned Opening Day game due to the weather. Right now, the Yanks and Jays will try again tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. once this storm system clears. For those of you wondering why they aren’t playing in a drizzle, it’s not because of the current conditions but because of the storm system on the way in. They don’t have a clear window in which to fit a nine-inning game.

Categories : Asides, Game Stories

1. It'sMeSNITCHES!!! says:

noooooooo

2. McLovin says:

I cut school just to watch the game and it got canceled, wtf!!!

3. Jamal G. says:

Perfect quote by a commenter on PeteAbe’s blog…

“only the house that Ruth built would act like a drama queen in it’s last season.”

Lmao.

4. ctkaiser says:

Hate to be sarcastic but I wonder how good it feels to collect parking fees from all these ticketholders tomorrow. Nice revenue stream.

5. Tripp says:

Great news for those of us who couldn’t take work off!

6. Adam says:

i now have the sports equivalent of blue balls.

7. DanElmaleh says:

I DVR’d it because I couldn’t be there. Now I am watching Royals-Tigers. Not so bad I guess. It’s still baseball.

8. Jamal G. says:

Oh that Tigers bullpen, hell that whole staff behind Justin Verlander.

9. Jamal G. says:

I’m just waiting for Mets/Marlins at 4 pm. Get to see my favorite player Hanley Ramirez in action for the first of 18 times! Although I don’t care enough about the Mets to root against them, I just want to see Johan Santana get rocked and then see how the papers will react tomorrow.

10. Tripp says:

What does moving opening day back a day do to the starting rotation? Is Pettitte scheduled to pitch on Sunday now?

11. mg says:

Ugh. The worst part is the rain stopped just before they called it and still is holding off.

12. Jamal G. says:

Wow, Mets fans are really giving us a blow job right now. Screaming “Yankees Suck” in the top of the 2nd inning on Opening Day in Florida. That’s really sad.

13. Travis says:

Nothing better in baseball – and I mean NOTHING – than listening to Vin Scully broadcast a baseball game.

14. Jen says:

They weren’t kidding about taking mass transit. We left Clifton at 10am, got to the garage entrance at 11:45. The car in front of us was the last one in, they closed it after that. Had to park in a valet lot for $30. I think I’m going the Hoboken route from work tomorrow.

BTW, I have 1 extra for Wednesday, if anyone is interested. You can email me at jen AT nosenseworrying DOT com.

15. dan says:

Not sure if anyone realized this, but it stopped raining from 2 to 5:30.

16. Jamal G. says:

It sucks to see Eric Gagne become what he has, knowing what he used to be. Up 3-0 in the 9th, lets on 2 and gives up a 3-run HR to Fukudome.

17. pete says:

haha the tigers lost i can’t wait until they get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round (which they will only make because the indians are nowhere near as good as people think they are). They have one reliable pitcher.

18. Mike says:

Does anyone know if the game is on ESPN2 tomorrow? There was a commercial implying that it was, but it described the coverage as “Wednesday Night Baseball” which was confusing.

I’m out of market from YES (I do have MLBTV but would prefer to watch at a bar).

19. bostonsucks@life says:

Mike trying to figure that out to. I have the baseball package and the game isn’t listed. Anybody have any answers ?