Mar

ST Game 2: The first one on TV

Welcome to the 2008 version of the Game Threads. Those of you who were here last year know the deal. For everyone else, use the comments here as a way to discuss the game. Today’s is the first New York-televised Spring Training game, so enjoy.

The lineups and pitching schedule:

Johnny Damon DH
Derek Jeter SS
Bobby Abreu RF
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Jason Giambi 1B
Jorge Posada C
Robinson Cano 2B
Jason Lane LF
Melky Cabrera CF

Andy Pettitte (2 innings)
Steven White (1-2 innings)
LaTroy Hawkins
Kyle Farnsworth
Brian Bruney
Sean Henn
Jose Veras

Categories : Game Threads

1. zack says:

So how about that Jesus, huh?

2. Mike A. says:

Good grief. First game of the year on YES and we get to see the same crappy relievers as last year. I was hoping for a little Melancon, Ohlendorf, Albaladejo and/or Scott Patterson action.

In other news. Valentino Pascucci is playing for the Phils. Hooray for Italian-Americans!

3. zack says:

Ugh, I find myself actively rooting against Jason Lane, as the thought of his impotent bat wasting space on the roster pisses me off…

• steve (different one) says:

i could care less of Jason Lane makes the team or not, but what exactly do people expect from their 5th OFer?

i don’t think the yankees have room for him, but a career OPS+ of 97 is pretty damn good for a bench player.

the Yankees have done a great job with the back end of their roster this offseason. i expect their bench to be near the best in the league.

4. Mike A. says:

Heh, Singleton just called him “Cole Camels.”

5. khill says:

Is anyone else watching this on MLB.tv? The new media player is about 10x more choppy than the old one…

6. Scott says:

giambi is back on the roids’

7. Scott says:

told you…

8. Pedro says:

Giambino!!

9. Scott says:

the giambino…

10. khill says:

Can he do that all year? Hear no evil, see no evil.

Giuseppe Franco = Zoolander

11. Mike A. says:

I’m callin’ it: Jason Lane = this year’s Josh Phelps.

• steve (different one) says:

you mean a really smart pickup who should have played more but wasn’t used by Torre and then went on to rake with another team?

12. Manimal says:

yanks continue to bash HR’s and the Buccholz is sucking. Can it get any better?

13. [...] ST Game 2: The first one on TV – Ben K. – River Ave Blues [...]

14. Steve White barely got out of that inning. I’m really suprised how well Giambino is doing. Is he still on the roids like you say? Wow, who knows.

YankeesDaily

15. Wow, I realized that you have to actually post the url of the article then just post the website in order to get a track back. I posted the url of this site in the exhibition game section earlier so I decided to post the url of this thread in the latest post and it comes up.

YankeesDaily

16. That looked like more of an error by A-Rod to me.

YankeesDaily

17. How did Lane just make a triple. He looks slow as mollasses.

18. Cool we get to hear Girardi speak.

19. Mike A. says:

Good to see Hawkins have a 1-2-3 inning with 3 groundball outs. Good stuff.

20. Ben K. says:

Great start by Kyle Farnsworth. The more things change…

21. AndrewYF says:

Wow, Farns has really curly hair.

Hahahaha, and Farnsworth is in midseason form.

22. Mike A. says:

Yay Melky! Single-handed trying to get Yankee pitchers back on the mound as soon as possible.

;)

23. Ivan says:

Alright,

Farnsworth, Henn, Hawkins, Bruney, Igawa.

One of these sucky relievers I ganrantee will come out and pitch well this year. Just one of them, is gonna be good.

24. Mike A. says:

J-Chris baby, that’s muh boy!

25. LiveFromNewYork says:

well Girardi said he didn’t know if Joba was starting in the pen….I think he knows know.

Ker-ist….he said he could work with Farnsworthless. When might this magic be taking place?

26. J.R. says:

On an unrelated note, did anyone watch the ESPN college games last night? Tim Murphy of UCLA looked down right dominate. He looks like he could be the rebuilding of the Yankees lefties in the farm system.

27. Jeff says:

Giambi looks like an animal… the steroids comments are BS. C’mon… just too sick of that talk even as a joke.
    Hawkins for letting Vizcaino’s tired arm go could be a very good move. – I like it.
    Henn – Left handers – aren’t going to do it unless we make a trade… and I don’t know where that comes from.
    I’m calling it – Jason Lane, Einsburg… wast of money (smal that it may be) Shelly brings a lot to the team if not just the energy.
    Bruney looked like a new man (looks only) still throwing those balls.
    Thats about it for what I saw – like the team and think this is going to be another great year of baseball… can’t wait till next month.