Apr

Who wants to write for RAB?

As we can see in the previous thread, not every Yankees fan is in agreement on every issue. And nor should we be. Baseball is a complex game, from the field to the front office. And so we debate over the issues.

While it seems most of us enjoy the current format of the site, we’re thinking about adding something that will expand upon our comments sections. Instead of writing a diatribe in response to someone else — and not knowing if 5 or 5,000 people will read it — wouldn’t you rather get your two cents in on the main page?

Yes, we’re thinking about opening up a guest column series. However, I want to do a preliminary check to see if there’s enough interest in it. After all, a guest column series wouldn’t be all that fun if we had the same three people submitting stuff every week. So here’s what I want to do.

If you’re interested in doing a guest spot on RAB, email me (it’s in the masthead on the left) and let me know. Pitch an idea or two if you want, too. The hope is to get an idea of how many people are interested by mid-week, and then get the contest up and running sometime next week.

Oh yeah: There’s a chance that the spam filter on my email might block out some of your emails. If you don’t hear back from me within a day or so, feel free to hit me with another one.

1. Mike A. says:

The guest writers aren’t going to get a cut of the ad money, right?

;)

2. Pete says:

I’m not a writer per se, but I am available for graphics work should you want to spruce up the site a bit. I actually did WasWatching’s banner (and t-shirts, fwiw) before he recently switched over to WordPress…

3. mustang says:

Not me. LOL
    You guys are way to good at this, but this is a great idea.

4. E-ROC says:

Great Idea. I wouldn’t know what to write about.

5. Ivan says:

You guys are to me the best yankee blog on the net and one of the best blogs in sports.

6. Joe says:

Yeah, I would really like to contribute something. Every day when I get home, I jump on the computer and check RAB! I’ve written some stuff before, also, which you can read if you click the link.

7. Count Zero says:

Sorry — I can’t take all the crap you guys have to put up with. My ego is too fragile. ;-)

But it’s a cool idea!

8. Joey H says:

i would. i post on yahoo answers more frequently than not and draw some attention with my own personal insight. with some guidance from you guys i think i can do a good job

9. Whitey14 says:

I won’t even ask….too many people here hate me and wouldn’t want to read my posts.

It sure would be fun though ;-)

10. Realist says:

Lol, Whitey writing for RAB! That would be unbiased I am sure ;-)

Not that I wouldn’t do the same , just funny that’s all :-)

I would be willing to write to set you young people straight on a few things regarding our national past time , though I doubt any of you would listen anyway ;-) ….just as I did in my youth :-)

11. Realist says:

I meant “just as I DIDN’T in my youth”…ooops!

12. Manimal says:

Im intrested.

13. mustang says:

Whitey14 for RAB….Whitey14 for RAB…..Whitey14 for RAB…
    And already making the T-Shirts…LOL

14. Travis G. says:

i’m trying to think of a topic that hasn’t been beaten to death…

15. LiveFromNewYork says:

It would be interesting to try to write unbiasedly for the Red Sox. I was thinking about it and I can’t think of too many people except Manny that I might be able to be unbiased about. Everyone else it would just be “I hate you.” “I don’t like you.” “You suck.” I used to be that way about Manny but somehow he really is just Manny (cliched I know but it’s really so true) and sometimes he’ll all “I don’t care” about everything. Which is good sometimes.

16. Jamie says:

Can we please bring Shelley back up?!

17. RustyJohn says:

As a casual fan that knows nothing about the game I would like to volunteer-

Sincerely,

Mike Lupica

• Yankee1010 says:

Perfect. May I suggest, “As a casual fan that knows nothing about the game – AND HAS THE CLASSIC LITTLE MAN’S COMPLEX – I would like to volunteer.

18. [...] Joe will be accepting submissions for guest column consideration until tomorrow morning. Details are in the linked [...]

19. Steven S says:

I’m not sure if my emails went through but I’m interested.

20. Will says:

Hey Joe… just wondering if you got my email I sent last night?