Aug

Sign the kid up

Get it done Cash. Who needs Gerrit Cole?

Categories : Asides, Whimsy

1. D.B. says:

give him a 10 year 100 million deal before he becomes to expensive.

2. Ivan says:

Hey Mike what is the open thread topic will be?

3. Jamal G. says:

The controversy bothers Jericho, who says he misses pitching.
    “I feel sad,” he said. “I feel like it’s all my fault nobody could play.”
    Nice job, assholes.

4. Chris says:

When the Yanks played the Twins, didn’t they say that there was a similar situation with either Mauer or Morneau?

5. Brian says:

Maybe somebody is covertly trying to limit his innings. Tell that to a nine year-old. It’s a good move to shutdown the league.

6. Marc says:

Sign him, DFA Traber, add him to 25 man roster and he can pitch relief by tomorrow evening against the Sox. Their scouts wouldn’t have had time to research him! Get it done Cash!

7. Old Ranger says:

I am sorry to say I have heard of similar situations before. The first time I heard of the teams not keeping score in one of the leagues my grandson played in, I had a sh%$#@t fit! I had my son pull him and put him in an older league.
    The PC police are getting carried away…how the hell is any kid going to make it the real word. You guys all have jobs (or retired), isn’t competition in your job environment part of life?
    The kids are getting soft, bigger and faster, but mentally soft. In my book; “The soft and meek shall perish!” Harsh but true, that’s called life! And yes, I did walk 1-1/2 miles to school as a kid (most all of did in those days), but it was up hill only one way! Hay, you’ll think that diatribe was to much? If so, sorry ’bout that, but I feel better. 27/08??

8. nohum says:

hey, they started scouting jackson at 12. Not that far off.

9. steve says:

BUT IT MIGHT THE OTHER KIDS FEELINGS THAT THEY SUCK!!!

10. Joltin' Joe says:

As a Connecticuttian, I am ashamed of this. I work in New Haven a lot, and I gotta say, there are much, much worse things this kid could be doing than throwing heat. Even at nine years old.

11. Freddy says:

Parents…the worst thing to happen to children’s sports.

12. I think the kid’s on the juice.