Sep

NFL Game Thread: Brett Favre vs. The Big Bad Pats

After pummeling squeaking out a win against the Phins last week, Gang Green welcomes the Brady-less Patriots to East Rutherford today for their home opener. I’m sure Bill Belichick has prepared his team by reviewing lots and lots of film, but Brett Favre & Co. fear no Patsies.

It’s going to be a slow afternoon in Yankeeland, so comment on the J! E! T! S! here.

1. Jamal G. says:

The St. Louis Rams, simply put, suck.

As to the Jets, I have no ill will towards them as Brett Favre is my favorite NFL player. Fuck the Pats.

2. Ivan says:

Fuck the Pats.

3. Manimal says:

Giants Defense doesn’t may look different than last year, but has the same results. Tuck’s interception was pretty nifty,

4. Mike Pop says:

NFC East champs are the Buffalo Bills Sorry jets fans

5. Favre isn’t that slow?

6. Jamal G. says:

There’s a reason why us Giants fans wanted to break Jay Feely’s kneecaps.

God Damn, I still remember that regular season game against Seattle where he missed four fucking GW-FG’s.

7. Jamal G. says:

It’s really amusing how nobody goes to that dump in Queens.

8. Mike A. says:

Matt Cassel went to Chatsworth HS? Same school that produced 2007 first rounders Mike Moustakas and Matt Dominguez.

9. Ivan says:

Can’t wait for my Eagles against the Boys.

10. Mike A. says:

Wow the Mets’ pen sucks. Imagine if they were in the AL.

11. Jamal G. says:

Bear with me on this one because this is exactly what I’m talking about when people are so idiotic in their criticisms concerning Alex Rodriguez. Peter Abraham, take it away:

I hope that people appreciate what Jeter has done and continues to do. His many detractors lose sight of the guy’s consistency and what he means to this franchise. Years from now, Jeter and Mo will be the players people remember from this era of baseball in New York.

No problem with that, completely agree. Now, take a look at that statement with a couple editorial notes:

I hope that people appreciate what [A-Rod] has done and continues to do. His many detractors lose sight of the guy’s consistency and what he means to this franchise. Years from now, [A-Rod] will be the player people remember from this era of baseball.

Does anyone disagree with that statement?

I didn’t think so.

12. Ivan says:

Man Mike Gonzalez is nasty. Wish the yanks traded Melky at it’s peak to get him.

13. Mike A. says:

God I hate O.A.R., but hearing that song coming back from commercials brings back memories of a great College World Series earlier this year.

14. Manimal says:

I hate how stat tracker isn’t free. Can someone who payed the 10$ please find out what my score is?

15. Manimal says:

Bad play calling. With farve as your QB you do three running plays with 3 yards to go?

16. Ivan says:

Scherzer Vs. Cueto matchup today sweet.

17. Jamal G. says:

I’m so smart starting Kurt Warner in favor of Matt Hasselbeck.

18. Jamal G. says:

Jay Cutler, thank you.

19. Jamal G. says:

Did the NFL make it a point this off-season to enforce the Illegal Formation penalty? I mean damn, ever since preseason you see at least two every game.

20. Mike A. says:

Greg Maddux threw 7 scoreless innings on 68 pitches today. Damn.

21. Jamal G. says:

I’m going to pick up Star Wars: Force Unleashed tomorrow. I played the demo, and damn, that game is sick.

22. Jamal G. says:

Check out CBS dropping We The Kings’ “Check Yes Juliet”.

23. Ivan says:

Yo this Pats/Jets game is getting a lil boring.

24. Jamal G. says:

Anybody catch the YES post-game? According to the LoHud idiots, Joe Girardi pulled Robbie Cano out of the game as a result of his lack of hustle on the deflection play, Girardi made the decision to pull Carl Pavano (he will make his next start), and Kim Jones was kinda being a douche to Cano during their interview.

25. Jamal G. says:

Another TD pass for Jay Cutler, awesome.

26. Ivan says:

Penalties killing the Jets in this drive.

27. Mike A. says:

Not for nothing, but this game is mad boring.

28. Ivan says:

Can somebody tell this guy that 08 season is not long term and we don’t have to sign every big player in the world.

• Mike A. says:

I do find it rather hysterical that the Yankee bashing columns went from “they signed too many big names and now are stuck with a bunch of declining older players” last year to “they didn’t sign enough big name players to long term deals” this year.

• Ivan says:

The one thing worry about the yanks in the offseason, if they overreact and listen to the media and getting their head gas.

I mean it’s gotten to a point where it’s okay to take shots at the yanks and bring up some inrational shit.

It’s absolute hypocrisy.

• Ivan says:

Like Buster onley said, if this yankee team wanna move foward, they gotta avoid big contracts and get younger.

The Media is basically saying the opposite.

29. Mike A. says:

Hey look, a Dustin Keller sighting.

30. Ivan says:

Hey, Jets scored a TD. It took like eons for that happen in this game.

31. Ivan says:

Jets getting ram by Lamont Jordan.

32. Steve H says:

Who would you rather have, Cassell or Clemens?

33. Steve H says:

Ryan Leaf had a big arm too. I don’t know who I’d take (caveat, I’m a Pats fan) but I was pretty impressed with Cassell’s poise in his 1st start since HS, in a hostile environment, against Favre. If you look just at combine type #’s, Cassell is very impressive, good size, mobile, arm strength. If he had gone to a different college and played (he actually almost beat out Leinart), I wonder where he would have been drafted. At least that way he would have actually gone to the combine, and I imagine would have been impressive.

34. Jamal G. says:

Look at Mike Shannahan showing some balls.

35. Ivan says:

Wow talk about a tough potential loss for the SD.

PS: that was an awful call on the Cutler fumble.

36. Ivan says:

Too bad it’s NFL rules cuz that would of been a huge play there for SD.

37. JimT says:

Can you imagine that some people thought the Jets were Super Bowl timber by adding Favre. What is it something like 20 straight wins the Pats have had over the Jets?

38. Jamal G. says:

Inaccurate statement coupled with an utter lack of punctuation marks.

Your post: http://failblog.files.wordpres.....t-fail.jpg