Dec

Inside the new digs

A tipster sent us some images from inside the new stadium, and I figured I’d share them with the RAB universe. Everything — including the clubhouse, above — is looking pretty nice. Click through for more.

The field is dying for baseball.

The field-level view from the first base dugout.

Scoreboard ads, coming soon.

Another view inside the clubhouse.

State-of-the-art batting cages.

Inside the Great Hall.

Categories : Yankee Stadium

1. dan says:

That’s the clubhouse? Holy shit.

No wonder Giambi wants to come back, you can fit a mini-bar in those lockers.

2. TONY says:

It exactly what the Yankkes deserve. It will be a world class facility & it will be the best in the world. The Yankees should always have the best in everything – including the stadium. I cant wait to see a game in the new stadium – I have been waiting for them to build a new stadium since I was a kid.

Tony

3. R. Arnold says:

Pure beauty!

4. Mike says:

What do you think they will do about Munson’s locker? Do you think they will keep it or get rid of the tradition? Just food for thought…I know where my sentiments would be, but I know its a new stadium, so does the tradition continue? What do you guys think?

• Paulie says:

I believe they are putting Munson’s locker in the museum that will be in the new Yankee Stadium. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Mattingly's Love Child says:

I believe Paulie is correct that they were putting it in the museum. That would be nice, but I think it would be better to move it to the new locker room.

• parms says:

yeah but the point is that theyre moving it…it wouldnt be the same as it was in the old stadium where it was actually his locker. moving it into the clubhouse or into the museum is basically the same thing at this point

5. Jamal G. says:

After taking a tour, I want to see how many of the baseball “purists” and “traditionalists” will still say that the “aura” and “history” of “The House That Ruth Built” means more than anything a state-of-the-art, $1.3 billion stadium can deliver.

You know what they will say when asked about their previous stance? “Dude, FUCK… THAT!!!”

6. Slugger27 says:

incredible… cant wait to go

anyone have information on the scoreboard dimensions? that thing is ridiculous

7. blee says:

how ‘open’ is it going to be? Seems more covered and separated than newer stadiums like the one in Philly..

8. gxpanos says:

Now…how to make the clubhouse even better…oh, the nameplates! There’s Damon, Jeter, Rodriguez, and…TEIXEIRA! My goodness, what wonderful surprises this new stadium gives us!

In all seriousness, you’ve been doing a great job with all the Stadium posts over the year, Ben.

Although I can already envision a barely-watchable virtual tour on YES come April, marred by hyperbolic compliments and copious punning, coutesy of Michael Kay.

• steve (different one) says:

unfortunately, it was just a misspelling of the reliever they got in the swisher deal.

damn extra i!!!

9. That clubhouse is enormous.

10. Manimal says:

I remember hearing that each locker has a ipod dock and speakers.

11. Januz says:

This stadium will be sick. It is 100% state of the art, from the inside out. I actually think the $1.3 billion invested in it is worth it. The clubhouse, the great wall, the technology, the seating, you name it. I know that the Lupica’s, Gonzalez’s, and other Yankee haters will despise it, but this facility will be the 15 Central Park West of sports stadium’s. The finest in not only the United States but the world.

12. Bob Michaels says:

Open up the batting cages to the fans when the Yankees are on the road.

• DonnieBaseballHallofFame aka they guy who has well documented history of belligerent thickheadedness and anti-intellectual character assassinations says:

I bet they could charge $100 a pop and cake up. They would be smart in today trying economic times to not leave a single DOLLAR on the table. They will not do this though.

13. Bonnie says:

The Yankees should give Teixeira a tour of the new clubhouse, maybe he will sign for free. Ha ha!

14. kev says:

looks like crap to me, like some cheesy American hotel. Beautiful is what the Chinese did architecturally for the olympics. This is third class building- not architecture. what a wasted opportunity.. pure nostalgia! but what is nostalgia when it is only a couple decades old? new wine in new bottles. one can already smell the chemicals emanating from the plastic carpets.
    btw, am an avid Yankee fan
    k

15. Patrick says:

With those blue lights and sans the facade, the clubhouse looks like most bar mitzvah halls that I went to when I was a teenager. Are they going to start handing out some plastic hats and blow-up guitars?

16. DonnieBaseballHallofFame aka they guy who has well documented history of belligerent thickheadedness and anti-intellectual character assassinations says:

Clubhouse looks huge, much bigger than the old one. Nicest one I have ever been in is the new Busch (which is new as of 06) and this appears to be 2 or 3 times as large pretty impressive I would bet for most players.

The cage are also looks to be 2 or 3 times as large as the few cage areas I have seen up close. Not sure what a “state of the art batting cage” is though. Just looks like the nets are suspended like most home garage cages are.

The first pic from the third base side looks the most like the old stadium (the renovated one we just left, not the original 1923 incarnation) that I have seen.

I have not been by The Stadiums (?) in over a month. Anything look different from the outside? They take anything down off the old one? Is the old sign still up?

17. cc fan says:

Any1 know when 09 ticket packages go on salf on yankees.com

Not a clue here but I really want to know this as well if anybody has info on this. Thanks in advance.

18. Joseph says:

AWESOME pics.

Being an American of Italian heritage, my Yankee locker would have a pasta machine, a gas range to boil up some water/cook gravy/brown meatballs, and an espresso machine – need my cafeine shot… I’m just sayin’ ;-)

Joseph
    #23, Plano (Texas) Yankees

19. bobthesoxfan says:

Just what you guys needed – a new place to lose baseball games!

*snicker*

Seriously, looks fantastic. Can’t wait to go down for a visit. You won’t be able to find me because I’ll be deep under cover as a Mets fan.

Walked by Fenway last week and they are grinding 100 year old grout from between the brick facade. Price of nostalgia.

20. Mike P says:

Don’t think it’s a bad stadium, though I would have preferred renovating the old one. I have one major gripe though: the upper deck and bleachers of the old Stadium made it a fan’s park. You could pay normal(ish) prices and get a good view. Now, they reduced capacity and the size of the bleachers/upper deck. How much would it have cost to have a steeper and larger upper deck? Probably not worth it in marginal returns but for our sake yes!

Also, minor gripe: I would have liked them to replicate the pre-renovation roof which covered most of the stands. Otherwise pretty good from the pictures. Not as fan friendly as it should have been, but nor is it a complete sellout.

21. [...] River Ave. Blues posts pictures from inside the new Yankee Stadium. [...]

22. [...] out some pics of the new Yankees Stadium, including the gigantic team clubhouse. Wow! Hat Tip:Baseball [...]

23. Carl says:

I have been going round and round with primarily Mets and Red Sox fans and some Old Yankee Statium diehards about what a waste of $$, not like the old stadium, they don’t need it, renovate the old stadium, etc. Reality, in 1923 they went all out to build the most extravagant, expensive, luxurious, cathedral, for the team that deserved it. It wasn’t a park it was the first stadium for baseball. What has changed. They are building an extravagant, luxurious, expensive, state of the art new stadium for the best sorts franchise and fan base in the country. The Yankees and their fans deserve the best, By the way, aren’t the Mets doing the same. There are reasons, other than nostaglia and tradition that keeps the Red Sox and Cubs from getting new stadiums. I would also like to see Munson’s locker kept in the clubhouse or in Cooperstown where it belongs.