Jan

What Yankee blogs do you read?

Steve at WasWatching.com is running a survey of Yankee blogs. In the saturated realm of Yankee blogs, he wants everyone to vote on which ones you the blog-reading public check out on a daily basis. So head on over to this survey, and cast your vote. Just remember who sent you!

Update 11:23 p.m.: Steve closed the poll. No more voting.

Categories : Asides

1. Manimal says:

hahahahah oh god. Lets not have de-ja-vu of last night.

2. Jamal G. says:

In order of preference, my list is:

1. River Avenue Blues
    2. Replacement Level Yankees Weblog
    3. NoMaas
    4. LoHud
    5. NYY Fans (this was not listed in the survey, however)

3. Mike Pop says:

RAB !! , Nomaas! and RAB!!!!

4. Mike says:

So weird, I was just wondering what, if any other blogs to check out. It seems like there’s a lot that are inactive, etc.

5. nick blasioli says:

no.l…..river ave blues..the best…..
    no. 2..mlb trade rumors

this is everyday five or six times a day….

6. Manimal says:

For me, I mainly go here but during the season I’ll go to Lohud for Lineups since he gets them first, and I will also go to Chad Jennings’ and Mike Ashmore’s minor league blogs. And of course, NoMaas just for giggles.

7. Joey H says:

RAB is the only place you can get a decent and civilized argument going. I’ve learned plenty about stats and what have you from just being here. As well as the minors. I really didn’t know too much aside from the big guys in the farm. But coming here really opened my eyes to a greater, larger Yankee world.

8. Manimal says:

We have a game. Turner could have crawled in for a TD.

9. Ivan says:

RAB
    Bronx Banter
    Replacement Level Yankees Weblog
    NoMaas
    Lohud

10. Yankee1010 says:

Oh, the irony of Steve Lombardi asking this question. Steve, most definitely not yours. I prefer a modicum of logic.

• UWS says:

I laughed when he commented that a bunch of people didn’t say they read HIS blog when voting on the survey.

• The Honorable Congressman Mondesi says:

Yeah that was pretty typical of him, pretty funny. “Buh… Buh… But I created the survey. 100% of the respondents should identify as waswatching.com readers!”

• E says:

Steve has a point.

• The Honorable Congressman Mondesi says:

Eh… I found the poll through RAB, and I bet a lot of people found it through other sites as well. I check out waswatching once in a while, usually when I’m bored and just want something else to read after I’ve exhausted my usual sites, but I’d hardly call myself a waswatching reader. I think one could reasonably stop by waswatching, see that poll, and not note in the survey that they read waswatching.

Whatever, I just found it funny that he’d post a poll and then after a few responses come in be like “I should get 100% of the responses, no fair.”

11. MERRY NEW YEAR!!!! A-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Hope all had a joyous holidays. I sure did.

I read RAB. I do not read any other Yankee blogs, as they all suck. I only have so much time in the day and space in the brain, I don’t waste either on inferior products.

12. dan says:

Haha, this was funny….

I left a comment on this post (I never comment there, this was the first one in months) just saying the name of my blog, and he deleted it. I got an email a little while later saying this:

Dan – you rip me at your blog and then you try and use a comment at my blog to try and promote your blog?
    Really?

That’s not happening.

I wrote a post about him and Phil Hughes about a month ago, apparently he’s still upset about it–enough to purposely exclude me from his survey. My post is below, if anyone’s wondering:

13. NC Saint says:

See, this poll is doomed from the jump. A poll at WasWatching is going to receive a lot of votes from the sort of person who reads WasWatching. I’m not sure that’s a contest you want to win.

14. Manimal says:

Lets start some “How I got here” stuff.

I basically got here during the Johan Sweepstakes. I was constantly reading MLBTR when Joe was guest writing while Tim was out. I clicked a link and found my way here, haven’t left since.

• You know, I don’t even remember which prospect profile it was that got me here. Might have been last year’s top 30 list, back when Alan Horne and Jeffrey Marquez were the big-pimpin surefire stars of the future…

• VO says:

i got here when i was reading MLBTR as well i read a lot about how “according to river ave blues” or “river ave blues thinks” at the time i was looking for a good yankees website and then i decided wth i got nothing to lose so i clikced on the link came over here and here i am. although it took me about 3-5 months to actualy make a comment, damn u guys are intimidating

• Kevin G. says:

I got here when I was really pissed by how bad the Yankees were doing last year so I wanted to see what people thought about the season and if they thought they would get better. So I googled “the yankees suck this year’ and a post by RAB called “Yankees Suck” appeared, I went on RAB, and I haven’t left since.

15. Manimal says:

Oh man, I am really spot on with this game from my prediction, check out my blog I had the final score at Arizona 35- Atlanta 27

16. If I had a time machine, after going back in time to stop Francis Ford Coppola from making The Godfather III, I would go back to last April to have the Jets draft Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie instead of Vernon Gholston.

17. E-ROC says:

RAB all the way!

18. E says:

After reading the blogs that Pete has put up on the site the RAB boys have so far embarrassed them all. The other ones have been unreadable n I don’t see it changing.

19. Shamus says:

!. MLB Trade Rumors (check it 5 times a day, usually from BBerry)
    2. RAB – great for news updates, and good, friendly debates in comments, unlike..
    3. Lohud – Best of the beat writers’ blogs, yet 3/4 of the commentors are idiots.
    4. Prid of the Yankees – Dave and Aziz rocked. Will miss them!
    5. It Is High – The funniest blog on the Web