Aug

Yanks, Pads complete Gaudin trade

Two weeks after shipping Chad Gaudin to the Bronx, the Padres decided to take $100,000 back in return. It was originally reported that the Pads would receive a player to be named later, but apparently they had until Sept. 1st to decide between cash or a player. So that’s a loose end tied up.

Categories : Asides

1. Interesting. I wonder who is on the list of players if they took the money over all of them. It’s not exactly a lot of cash.

2. Tony says:

Damn the Yankees are so POOR now.

3. Brian! Get me the 100 grand I keep in the executive mens room! Yes, the ones I wipe my ass with, those!

4. The Artist says:

No h/t for “Yankee Von Homerdinger”, huh?

*pumps fist*

5. Landon Alger says:

6. wilcymoore says:

!!!? … $100,000 for a major league pitcher? Decent one, at least. No player in return?? That’s all?!?

7. The Artist says:

Looks like we control Gaudin for another 2 years as well.

8. The Artist says:

Of the guys the Yanks have made trades for, I hope they keep most of them. I love Hairston’s versatility, I love Hinske’s pop off the bench and versatility at 3B/1B/OF, Gaudin can start or work out of the pen. All nice additions that I hope the re-sign.

9. Russell NY says:

I just saw a fan that looked like a cross between Peter Abraham and Jason Varitek at the Eagles game.

10. Mike bk says:

speaking of Arb eligible players it is disgusting that nady has been out the whole year and is still almost a type A

11. Accent Shallow says:

Great deal.

I’d much rather do this than fret over the Yankees losing their 25th best prospect.