Sep

Open Thread Spillover

We’ve still got a whole half to go with the Giants and Cowboys, so let’s fire up another thread.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Tom Zig says:

You pulled the trigger early today

2. No, Reggie, winning a title in 2009 with Hughes in the bullpen will NOT convince Brian Cashman to keep the status quo and leave Hughes in the pen for 2010, thus necessitating adding another starter.

Cashman’s been 100% rock solid on the fact that both Phil and Joba are starting pitchers. Phil will not be in the bullpen in 2010. The two of them will join CC and AJ in the 2010 rotation. The only question that remains is will the 5th member be Pettitte or not.

3. That was the worst pass ever.

4. Does anyone love Jerry Jones more than Jerry Jones?

5. Zack says:

wow, can i see some Giants Defense?

6. Steve Smith just Wayne Brady’d Orlando Scandrick.

7. Steve Smith, ftw.

Now play defense.

8. Mike Axisa says:

Steve Smith just broke some ankles.

9. Mario Manningham is bringing some srs pwn tonight.

10. Salty Buggah says:

Manningham is good

11. Reggie C. says:

Giants Defense working hard on this drive. Got a sick feeling the ‘Boys running game is gonna come up with another TD.

12. Reggie C. says:

I starting to hate Collinsworth. Is this guy an ex-Cowboy or something? There’s an annoying pitch to his voice whenever he names a Cowboy player.

13. Salty Buggah says:

Eli is on fiyah! Just need a FG now.

14. Reggie C. says:

C’mon G-Men. YA’LL SOOOOOOOO CLOSE !! FINISH IT!

15. The Cowboys CBs are getting cut up by Steve Smith and Mario Manningham.

You heard me.

16. Marc says:

Here we go! cmon baby!

17. Salty Buggah says:

Only Mike Shannahan can successfully freeze a kicker.

18. ashish says:

talk about icing a kicker! damn it!!!!

19. Reggie C. says:

JEFF FEAGLES = WIN.

20. Zack says:

maybe they should send Tony Romo to the AFL, he obviously thinks he has a roster spot locked up no matter what.

21. Lawrence Tynes just beat the Cowboys twice.

22. bonestock94 says:

Oh man, what a game. That shaved a few months off my life for sure.

23. ashish says:

in all serious though, eli made that drive happen. btw, if there was a ufc type fight between mark sanchez and eli manning, who do you think would win? My money is on sanchez.

24. Reggie C. says:

Now ….

Is Justin Tuck going to be alright? Flozell Cheapshot Adams pulled a bitch move with that trip.

25. bonestock94 says:

They should have saved all of that money and bought a new qb instead.

26. Charlie says:

i’m sure this has been mentioned, but Joba’s comments after the game were just crazy. there’s something wrong with the way he approaches the game. i’ve defended him and i still think he can be good, but someone pitching this badly and not admitting it at all needs to get some tips from a guy like burnett or something. i really can’t stand joba anymore

• Drew the Pretty Pretty Princess says:

I love how people kill Joba when he says stuff, yet, when AP says “I only made one mistake” (while giving up 4+ runs), or tries to blame homers on the stadium, no one even thinks twice about it.

Joba is not a wordsmith. Do people really need for him to say “not only am I embarrassed for not helping my team, but I suck. I’m the worst pitcher ever. They should demote me. I eat babies. I can’t take one positive out of this game or out of this season.”

Holy Mo.

• Tom Zig says:

So you’d rather him go out there and be like “Oh man, I fucking sucked today.” And that would solve what, exactly?