Nov

Football Open Thread

The Giants are on bye this week, but the Jets take on the Jacksonville Jones-Drews at home at 1pm ET. Talk about any game you want, just keep your football comments in this post.

1. pete says:

anybody else flabbergasted/floored/utterly bamboozled by this: http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/ ?

2. At least the Giants can’t lose this week…though I wouldn’t be surprised to see them find a way to do so.

3. Torry Holt is still playing football? Wow. I’m so out of the NFL loop.

4. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

Yo Mike, when are you going to put out your Top 50 Prospects list? I want to know who will get the “Ax” treatment.

You can use that gem if you want.

• Mike Axisa says:

Top 50 is too many, I just go 30 deep. I usually put it out right around ST, mid-February.

That post is always an ordeal. I piece it together all throughout the winter. In a week or two I’m going to start the first step of ranking guys.

• Tom Zig says:

if top 50 is too many then what is top 201? (aside from a colossal waste of time)

but yeah in all seriousness, how relevant are players 31-50 anyways? Is that where someone like Jhonny Nunez would have fallen?

• Mike Axisa says:

Not relevant at all. In reality, players 20 through about 40 are pretty interchangable. It’s just a matter of preference when you go that deep. At that point you’re talking about fringy relievers and guys who don’t project to play everyday at any position.

It really is a waste of time to go beyond 15 or 20 players, but people like it.

5. Jamie says:

anyone elses stattracker at yahoo working?

6. Andy in Sunny Daytona says:

The Bucs just got jobbed by THE worst call in Pro Football history. Hyperbole FTW!!

7. Crazy Eyes Killa says:

So what do people think is gonna pan out with the OF/DH situation?

• ClayBuchholzLovesLaptops says:

I have no idea whatsoever, but:

In Cash I trust.

• Crazy Eyes Killa says:

I sorta think he should go get Holliday if Hal lets him use that kinda money. A five year deal at under 20 per or about that would end when he’s 34

• What I want to happen:

LF: Damon
      CF: Cameron
      DH: Matsui

What probably will happen:
      LF: Damon
      CF: Cabrera
      DH: Matsui

• Crazy Eyes Killa says:

I want
        LF: Holliday
        CF: Gardbrera
        DH: Matsui

I used to think the opposite, but these days I def. think Holliday>Crawford and he’s still young…Talkin about a murder’s row for the next few years of Jeter Holliday Tex A-Rod

• Holliday’s not worth a five year contract. Having three guys locked in at the corners for the next 5-8 years kinda shoots the Yankees flexibility. And, while Holliday’s outside-of-Coors-trouble is overblown, he’s definitely not an elite hitter away from there. I’d rather the Yankees save the money and utilize it better in another FA class.

• Crazy Eyes Killa says:

I agree that saving money for a more premium position makes an awful lot of sense but your “what probably will happen” scenario would be cool with me, but you really think they bring Damon AND Matsui back? My biggest thing is just that you need two hitters, not one. Having no real DH would be ridic

• Getting Matsui and Damon back means two hitters. Also, upgrading Cameron over Gardbrera in center means a) another hitter and b) a good fielder. Not to mention, c) Cameron’s a good stop-gap and can be had for a cheap, short deal.

• radnom says:

Honestly, I think Matsui comes back on a one year deal – DH.

I think Damon’s demand in years is going to be too much for the Yankees, and they fall back on Cameron for LF. Better defense, still a retardedly good lineup. Hopefully some money left over to get some SP depth.

8. Salty Buggah says:

Damn, Chris Simms isnt working. The Broncos arent letting him stretch the field at all either.

9. Salty Buggah says:

Cmon Broncos D, dont implode now

10. Drew says:

All DeAngelo all day, Salty.

11. Salty Buggah says:

Things I hate about the bye-week: Broncos, especially their D, always play horribly after it.

• Salty Buggah says:

Seriously, like every freakin year. Even in 04 when they made the AFC championship game, their D broke-down. First ranked before the bye, like 6th or something after it. Similar to this year.

12. Salty Buggah says:

Damn you Broncos run D. Damn you Chris Simms

13. Salty Buggah says:

Eww, that was the ugliest pass ever.

14. Salty Buggah says:

Ugh, thats why I do not like Simms. I’ve said all year, Tom Brandstater, the 6th round pick this year, is probably a better choice for backup. He is bigger and has a good arm. Only thing Simms has is experience.

• JMK aka The Overshare says:

I went to the same HS as Simms, though he graduated several years before me. Dude was a fucking monster back then. Too bad he never materialized. His father is super-nice, too.

15. pat says:

HAHAHAH anybody who has Jones-Drew must be furious. Kneels on the one yard line instead of taking the TD so the jags can run the clock down. AWESOME.

16. Salty Buggah says:

Never want to see Chris Simms in a Broncos uni again. If Orton is hurt, Brandstater better play.

• Ivan says:

Who would of thunk it, that you as a Bronco fan would beg to have Orton to comeback to the QB of the Broncos. Funny.

• Salty Buggah says:

Haha yea, I was thinking the same thing. I kinda hope that Brandstater plays next week because I wanna see what he has. If Orton’s healthy, that wont be bad either.

17. Go Bengals.

/no real interest

18. Salty Buggah says:

Memo to Big Ben: Dont try to fire it deep into coverage on 3rd and 10 with your team down 6 and 1:45 left

19. Arman Tamzarian says:

Marc Bulger is terrible

20. ClayBuchholzLovesLaptops says:

Go boys in blue!!!

21. AndrewYF says:

What channel is Pats vs. Colts on?

22. Andrew says: