Nov

Stadium open for Game 4 viewing party

Earlier this week, the Yankees announced that, weather permitting, the team will open Yankee Stadium for tonight’s Game 4 World Series match up. With blue skies above in the city and rain no longer in the forecast for Philadelphia, the team will open the turnstiles at Gates 4 and 6 at 7 p.m., and fans can watch the game on the big screen in center field from the Field Level seats or in the Great Hall. Of course, food stands and concessions will be available for all, and the Hard Rock Cafe and NYY Steak will be open as well. First pitch is at 8:20 p.m., and tonight marks the second time this postseason the Yanks have opened the stadium for a road game.

“When we opened the Stadium for Game 3 in the ALCS, the response was positive and the energy from our fans was truly infectious. They really enjoyed coming together to watch the game,” Hal Steinbrenner said in a statement this week. “Once we reached the World Series, we felt that it was the perfect time to open the Stadium again. We remain grateful for the support of the best fans in baseball.”

Categories : Asides, Playoffs

1. Salty Buggah says:

I would go if I lived in NY, which I unfortunately do not.

2. Dela G says:

ugh, we are 0-1 when they do this

of course that is a super SSS, but let’s hope the fact that this is a night game will mean different karma and CC brings home the bacon

• Rocky Road Redemption (formerly RAB poster) says:

I like the way you use advanced statistics to back up your point.

• Salty Buggah says:

Heh, don’t worry Dela. CC is a beast and hopefully our offense has gotten out of their little funk.

• Hey Philly, We Ain't the Rays says:

This is a very valid point. And terrifying. In 40 trips to the WS spanning more than 100 years, the Yankees have never won a game where the stadium was open to the fans to watch a road game on the HiDef plasma/lcd screen in centerfield. We haven’t even won a single postseason game of any type in these conditions. In 100 years. Think about it. We’re doomed.

• You guys all joke, but I saw one Yankee blogger make this point seriously today. I wonder if this blogger actually believes a bunch of fans at the new stadium watching the game on a TV screen has any impact on the game played in Philadelphia.

3. I went to Game 3 of the ALCS with TSJC and had a blast despite the loss.

I’m not going tonight, but I highly recommend it if you are able to go.

4. JM says:

The Jets and Giants made the time between now and game time 5X longer.

5. PaulF says:

Why the hell am I in Chicago?

6. Who’s going? I’ll be tehre.

7. aj says:

Do you pay anything to get in? Or is entrance free, and you just pay for the concessions and stuff?

8. Marc says:

Are they doing this tonight for game 5 as well ???

9. alex says:

marc the answer to your question is no http://xr.com/wfvq