Mar

Aceves dealing with a lower back issue

Via Anthony DiComo, Al Aceves is battling a lower back issue and won’t make his scheduled pitching appearance tomorrow. The team will keep an eye on him before determining his status for Opening Day. Aceves also missed a total of nine days last August with lower back soreness, so this is something worth monitoring. Boone Logan is the logical candidate to take his place in the bullpen should he miss any time.

Is it too late to get Chad Gaudin back?

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. But I thought Aceves was going to be the fifth starter. I booked it and everything, just like I was told.

2. C says:

Amazing how much SP depth we’ve lost in the last week…

3. Rob says:

Morons. Gaudin could have been released at the latest this Wednesday. Why the rush?

So in one week’s time they went from:

6. Joba
    7. Aceves
    8. Gaudin
    9. Mitre

to:

6. Mitre
    7. ?????

Awe-some!

• radnom says:

Perhaps professional courtesy to Gaudin?

I can see being upset that they released him at all, but if you’re looking for a reason why they would do it (slightly) before they had to, this is it.

4. paul says:

I didnt like the Gaudin move at all. Again, if this is our biggest debate-I will take it!

5. A.D. says:

Starting to become more of a chronic issue, which is never good.

6. Joba for long-man! More innings!

7. Jammy Jammers says:

Ace is faking it just to get an Icy Hot endorsement deal!

8. Hughesus Christo says:

My confidence in this organization went from 11.5 to 8 in one week. Incredible.

9. Reggie C. says:

Could Aceves get the a platelet-rich plasma shot for that pain? Cliff Lee received one for his abdominal strain.

10. YankeesJunkie says:

At this rate the Yankees will only have CC starting by opening day. Thank goodness he can go 15 games in a row.

11. JobaWockeeZ says:

So how far is Nova on the depth list? This isn’t good.

12. Bo says:

I find it funny seeing how now Chaud Gaudin is supposedly good and the key to the 2010 season.

Like Cashman couldnt get a legit SP in here if needed.

Not like Washburn isnt looking for work. Or Pedro.