Jul

Cashman: A-Rod dealing with ‘minor’ thumb injury

When Alex Rodriguez didn’t appear in the All Star Game yesterday, Yankee fan and foe wondered if the slugger was injured. Today, Brian Cashman said to ESPN New York that A-Rod is dealing with a minor thumb injury. Despite saying that “it’s not even worth talking about,” Cashman talked about the injury with Wallace Matthews. The sore thumb was not, he said, the reason why Girardi didn’t use A-Rod in last night’s game, but it is an injury that has been nagging the Yanks’ slugger for a few games. The team doesn’t expect Rodriguez to miss any time.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Mike Axisa says:

My thumb hurts too, mostly because I’m a chronic nail-biter and went a little too far yesterday. I still gutted it out and got some work done today, though.

• ROBTEN says:

Be careful Axisa, I’ve known a lot of go-getters. I’ve been pallbearer to about ten of ‘em. They’re just so darn busy goin’ and gettin’, they didn’t have time to breathe.

/obscure quote’d

• Mike HC says:

Thats funny. I know another chronic nail biter who is also part of a Big Three. Small world.

• Carlosologist says:

I still gutted it out and got some work done today, though.

See, this is the type of drive we need from a Yankee. We don’t need this pussy shit whining about a sore thumb. We need someone who goes out and plays everyday like this brave American. We don’t need that 24+1 mentality and statpadder. We need a gritty gutty player like Pedroia.

/O’Connor’d

• BigBBFan says:

Hey Carlosologist did I miss something or is your boy sitting in the dugout on his butt? Second guessing anyone’s injury is a fools game. It is simple… we don’t know the real facts.

2. Despite saying that “it’s not even worth talking about,” Cashman talked about the injury with Wallace Matthews.

Summamabitch. Had you followed your own advice, Cashmeezy, we wouldn’t be subjected to gobs and gobs of forthcoming wasted internet bandwith about how ARod is now destined for unprecedented decline and will break to pieces before August, and that the Yankees are doomed and should trade for Prince Fielder immediately (trust me, somebody will say it).

It’s Wallace Matthews, Brian. Nobody gives a shit what he says. Lie to him.

WallyMatt: Is ARod hurt? I heard he was hurt.
    Cashman: No, he’s fine.
    WallyMatt: But he was in the trainer’s office for an hour.
    Cashman: He’s fine.
    WallyMatt: Is there anything, anything at all you can tell me?
    Cashman: Yes. I find your writing shallow and pedantic. Get bent, Choda Boy. Cashmeezy out.

… aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, SCENE!

3. Mike HC says:

Obviously not great to have a hand injury. But if he says no big deal, then I guess no big deal.

Unless he is pulling a Jeter on us, but I hope not.

4. Kiersten says:

Argh, he’s so overrated.

http://sbnation.com/e/1333871 (safe)

5. CS Yankee says:

Possible non reasons for the injury…

1) Overheard the core four saying the one for the thumb was the best.
    2) Extended it while hitch hiking to LAAoLAoACAWUSAoNAoAoEoMWG#12
    3) Picking up actresses the wrong way.

That’s all I got for you Letterman.

6. Poopy Pants says:

The reporters misheard Cashman. A-Rod has a sore bum, not thumb. Oddly, a thumb and a plum were involved.

7. Sean says:

Hang-nail

8. Jimmy says:

I dont give a crap if he misses the All Star game with a hangnail, or a tummy ache, or a bad haircut.

As long as he performs in the playoffs again like last year, its all good.