Aug

Teixeira may miss part of Texas series

Mark Teixeira supplied the Yanks with their lone run in this afternoon’s affair against Boston, but he’s not set to travel with the team to Texas this evening. Instead, as Marc Carig reports, Teixeira stayed in New York to be with his wife Leigh as she prepares to give birth to the couple’s third child. Mrs. Teixeira’s due date is tomorrow, and so Mark could conceivably be back with the Yankees before too long. He doesn’t, however, know how much time he’ll miss. “This is not an exact science,” he said.

With two lefties on the mound during the Texas series, the Yankees will mix and match with Marcus Thames and Austin Kearns. Lance Berkman will probably play first until Teixeira returns. And just for fun: Game 6 of the 2009 World Series was on November 5, 2009, five days and nine months before Leigh’s due date.

Categories : Asides, News

1. The, uh, timing of Sabathia and Teixeira is fun.

Count back nine months, I dare you (h/t to Kiersten)

2. pat says:

Chicka bow wowwwwwww

3. AndrewYF says:

It would be pretty strange if he names his son George.

4. Andrew says:

Wow that is some unreal timing, World Series babies. Since Kate Hudson didn’t get pregnant I guess A-Rod choked at least once in the playoffs after all. /I’llbehereallweektipyourwaitress

5. Johan Iz My Brohan says:

Hope he didn’t lose his WS ring in there

/dirtymind’d

6. Apollo22237 says:

All I know is, they better not have screwed up the due date. The last thing we need is for her to be late and miss Teix for a week.

7. TERPSandYANKSfan says:

Jesus walk off

what a stud

8. mike c says:

november is 9 months ago.
    name it TWENTY SEVEN baby!!!

9. Nickel says:

My first when I read the headline was, “Oh crap, did he freakin’ hurt himself somehow?!” Then when I read further I thought, “Okay…that’s a valid excuse, I suppose.” :-P

10. Peter Krieger says:

would tex be allowed to go on the bereavement list for a series if the pregnancy is delayed? this would give them a roster spot for a few games right? berkman at first and perhaps after a 3 hit, walk-off home run night, would cashman have the guts to call up montero to DH for a series (that will start to LHP against us…)?

11. jsbrendog says:

haha. nice.

12. thurdonpaul says:

why dont they just fly her to texas…ggrrrr !!!

(im kidding)

13. Kiersten says:

It was on Nov. 4th.

/nitpick’d
    /i only remember cause it’s my best friend’s birthday’d