Oct

Teixeira out for the season; Nuñez to be activated

12:45am: It’s a Grade II strain, worse than when Phil Hughes popped his hammy back in 2007. He’ll need 6-8 weeks to recover, but that doesn’t really matter. He’ll be ready to go for Spring Training, which is what’s important.

12:23am: As the Yanks’ season rests in the hands of their ace CC Sabathia, the team will be without Mark Teixeira for the remainder of the postseason. Following a disastrous hamstring pull in the pivotal fifth inning of Game 4 of the ALCS, the Yankees will remove Teixeira from the roster tomorrow and activate Eduardo Nuñez, Bryan Hoch reported after the game. With this move, Teixeira is done for the season as per MLB rules, he will be ineligible to play in the World Series. What a way for his season to end.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Mister Delaware says:

Why not Miranda?

2. first time lawng time says:

I’m really gona miss his defense.

3. Kevin G. says:

Adding insult to injury. Or is it injury to insult? Or maybe injury to… injury?

4. bonestock94 says:

Bummer, but I doubt he’ll miss many games.

5. Adam says:

Love Tex and he really is such a gamer. Shame.

6. Tony Micelli says:

What a way for his season to end.

Yeah, the 0-14 wasn’t enough…lol

It’s amazing the differences a year makes isn’t it?

7. AJ says:

What a way for OUR season to end.

8. Adam says:

Is it possible that Nunez was with the team and Miranda isn’t (I feel like I have seen Nunez in the dugout, but not Miranda)? Also, does that mean we see Swish at first again tomorrow? Or Berkman at first, Swish in left and Thames at DH?

• Tony Micelli says:

Like Mike said about…it really doesn’t matter. Why not put Swish behind the dish…see what some of these chumps are made of…make em pay for their sins!! lol jk

9. Stratman9652 says:

I really don’t understand why you would add Nunez. You lost your first baseman. You either use Lance at first and replace him with a decent DH or move Swish to 1B and get and OF. This makes noooo sense.

• Graig not Craig says:

He probably won’t play. But he will sit on the bench and gain some postseason experience.

• Gonzo says:

It’s the 26th man on the roster. Not much to expect. He probably won’t see any playing time whether it was Miranda or Colin Curtis. At least Nunez can pinch run.

• Stratman9652 says:

I guess you’re right, I kinda answered my own question with the senario involving players that are already there. My biggest concern is keeping Thames away from a glove.

10. Big Bertha says:

The Boss must be rolling over in his grave. These guys need to start playing like true Yankees! Some pickup Berkman was grounding out to 3rd with the bases loaded. Can you do anything in the series, Swisher? Why did we let Damon and Matsui go? They were clutch hitters and true Yankees! That’s the difference in the series now.

• bonestock94 says:

This comment is full of fail. Steinbrenner saw plenty of seasons end without a ring, I think he’ll be fine down there.

• Adam says:

I must have missed those games when Damon and Matsui pitched and put up zeros…

• CharlieChooChoo says:

What the F is wrong with you. There is so much wrong with everything you write, I wouldn’t even know where to begin. You need to be a True Fan ™ and you are not. Go complain somewhere else. You add nothing to the conversation.

• Graig not Craig says:

Berkman actually hit the ball very hard to third. It was a nice play by Young.

• Tony Micelli says:

Neither of those players did anything all year for either of the teams they signed with. Derek Jeter had the 3rd best year of his career last year and immediately followed it by the absolute worst this year. It’s almost certain that Damon and Matsui wouldn’t have been much better on the Yankees if any different at all.

But regardless, the Yankees offense was quite embarrassing this series. Pretty funny seeing as how the worst offense in the whole postseason, Giants, are clobbering the team who supposedly has the best pitching…yet the Yankees couldn’t beat CJ Wilson, Tommy Hunter, or Colby Lewis – and we can give them the Cliff Lee game for good measure.

Just stupid.

• Big Bertha says:

Excuse me? Derek Jeter showed tonight why he is worth every penny of that 3 year $80 million contract we will give him after this season is over. I can’t believe people are bashing Jeter after what he did tonight. I have not given up on Jeter. I am standing on my desk right now with tears running down my face shouting OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN! Who’s with me?

• Betty Lizard says:

They were clutch hitters and true Yankees!

Oh sweet Jesus . . . . We have now descended into the depths of delusion. (Well, either that or brilliant parody.)

11. Evo says:

Why not call up Jesus Montero?

• Stratman9652 says:

He’s not on the 40 man roster. That and the whole not wanting to bring him up too early and hinder his development thing.

• Tom Zig says:

There’s the whole not being on the 40 man issue. and well he is currently in Venezuela.

Why call him up start his service time clock when his flight wouldn’t even make here in time for the game, and even if it did, he’d just sit on the bench.

So yeah it’s like almost impossible to call him up.

12. SF Yanks says:

Good thing I’m not a moderator because I’d have a dead arm from swinging the ban-hammer all night.

Well, that and there’d only be like 10 people left who’d be allowed to comment.

13. Rob says:

Tex is the new arod. Can’t get it done in the playoffs. Hopefully he’ll turn that around as well as arod did one of these years.

We’re probably better off without him for now anyway.

14. Yank the Frank says:

His glove will be missed but not his bat. All Berkman all the time.

15. Mike HC says:

What will we do without his O for the series.