Nov

The RAB Radio Show: November 16, 2010

We’re moving through awards week. This time it doesn’t have anything to do with the Yanks — well, other than a Yankee killer winning it. Roy Halladay took home the Cy in unanimous fashion. The more interesting points were further down the ballot.

Then we move back to the pitching coach question because of two items from yesterday. First, the Brewers let go pitching coach Rick Peterson. He is only of the better known pitching coaches out there. The same goes for Leo Mazzone, but Brian Cashman said that the Yankees will not interview him. Mike and I talk about the two, including their respective Big Threes.

Whoever the new pitching coach is, he might have a second lefty in the pen with whom to work. The latest rumor deals with Pedro Feliciano. Mike and I run down his pros and cons.

Podcast run time: 27:31

Here’s how you can listen to podcast:

• Download the RAB Radio Show by right clicking on that link and choosing Save As.
  • Listen in your browser by left clicking the above link or using the embedded player below.
  • Subscribe in iTunes. If you want to rate us that would be great. If you leave a nice review I’ll buy you a beer at a meet-up.

Intro music: “Smile” by Farmer’s Boulevard used under a Creative Commons license

Categories : Podcast

1. Dax J. says:

So it looks like this will be a regular thing for now, huh? Will you guys include mailbag questions during the podcast?

2. Big Stein says:

can you arrange to do a show were you take live callers, you know, like a regular radio show.

Joe: Let’s go to the phones.

Mike: Overton Park, Kansas, HELLO

OPK: Hey guys, I’m a first time caller.

Joe: Welcome.

OPK: I got into a real ugly fight with my girlfriend over who is better, Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee. Anyways, can you guys tell me what is the best way to blood stains off a carpet?

3. Thomas says:

Mike Rizzo said “I’m tired of watching [Cabrera].”

4. Sam says:

Joe said “goddamn”-I’m calling the FCC as we speak…

5. Dick Whitman says:

Boone Logan isn’t an option to face right handed hitters. 93 mph fastball or not, LOOGY through and through.

6. mikeH says:

guys, i’m liking the daily format keep it up, answer some emails in the show too

7. josh says:

my same reaction to hearing Buck is getting a 3 yr deal

8. John says:

I am an avid reader of RAB and just recently started listening to your podcast. I must say, the most recent sessions have been relatively boring. You both have an excellent and UNIQUE perspective on the game of baseball, however, I dont feel that is exhibited in your podcast simply because you basically agree with whatever the other person says. For example, Joe would make a point on Feliciano’s walk rate and Mike would agree and vice versa.

I’m not sure how long you have been doing the podcast but I would think in order to make it more exciting and insightful you would discuss something where you have different perspectives which could potentially stir up a little debate (which is never a bad thing). Or if Joe brings up a negative on a player, Mike can agree but come back with a positive. Mike kind of did that when he mentioned how many batters Feliciano intentionally walked which was a reason why his walk rate was high.

In the end, I would really like to hear more topics that you dont necessarily agree on. I would like to hear both of your points and counter points on a topic. Please dont misinterpret what I am saying. You all agree with so many topics because your arguments are sound and logical and you both appear to be very sound and logical people. I just feel mixing it up a little bit may make the podcast a little more enjoyable.

You may not appreciate my suggestions but it should never hurt to hear from your regular readers. I will continue to listen and I look forward to your next podcast later today.

Thanks for all that you do!